The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Schu

OT horn or THTLP?

54 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Just hung up with NASA and they're suing me.

I'm surprised that they didn't sign in here and whip it out first.

• Like 1

Have you looked into Ricci’s Other designs? The skhorn and Skram look like totally awesome pieces. I’d like to add a couple to the back of my room to help support the klipsch 1802. 

Here are are the free plans. And also if you have access to a cnc router, there is a file available to load and just start cutting. 

http://data-bass.ipbhost.com/topic/613-riccis-skhorn-subwoofer-files/

This would make a tuba look like a baby sub. 

11 hours ago, AHall said:

Have you looked into Ricci’s Other designs? The skhorn and Skram look like totally awesome pieces. I’d like to add a couple to the back of my room to help support the klipsch 1802. 

How big is that room?  I don't think I've ever heard anyone state they want to add a couple more monster subs to help support an 1802.  :emotion-22:  Is there a pic on the forum of your setup?  I'm running a single F20 in a room that's got a total cu' around 7000 and haven't felt the need to hook up anything else.  We're coming to your house for a party.

27 minutes ago, Pete H said:

How big is that room?  I don't think I've ever heard anyone state they want to add a couple more monster subs to help support an 1802.  :emotion-22:  Is there a pic on the forum of your setup?  I'm running a single F20 in a room that's got a total cu' around 7000 and haven't felt the need to hook up anything else.  We're coming to your house for a party.

Mostly to smooth out the room response. A little overhead couldn’t hurt either. My house is pretty open so it’s a lot of volume to pressurize. 

I completely missed that entire thread, wow, very nice and inspirational for certain from a building perspective.  Like you were, without an addition (in my case), there's noway to shoehorn that large of a setup in my home. (Took out many walls when I gutted it). 

• Like 1

I've completely lost interest in this carp... 

@Schu I really think you would love a THTLP with your scala's. I wish I would of had mine when I owned the prototype La Scala II's.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Schu said:

I've completely lost interest in this carp... 

They're a junk fish anyways.  Bass is a much better topic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1