Question about Transporting Belles

KPH

I am picking up a pair of Klipsch Belles tomorrow to transport in my Chevy Tahoe.  Can anyone tell me whether the top cap of the Belle that houses the tweeter and mid comes off in its entirety as they do on a Klipschorn?  I am wanting to reduce the weight of each speaker for transport.  Thank you.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Budman said:

the tops don't come off like the klipschorn.

no reason to try and reduce the weight they will fit in a tahoe no problem

I think he referring to the weight of physically manhandling them into the truck.

• Like 1

Picked them up.  They fit fine in the Tahoe with room to spare.  After looking at their construction, I do believe that the tops come off similar to the Khorns.  But fortunately attempting it was not needed.  Thanks all.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, KPH said:

Picked them up.  They fit fine in the Tahoe with room to spare.  After looking at their construction, I do believe that the tops come off similar to the Khorns.  But fortunately attempting it was not needed.  Thanks all.  

the k-horn tops ( tweeter/midrange/crossovers ) come off in one piece with 2 wing nuts

the belles do not

congrats, pictures or it didn't happen 😁

• Like 2

Glad someone got a pair of Belles...

My La Scalas easily fit in my 2007 Subaru Forester... and when I picked them up I had a '98 Blazer. I figured the Belles would fit in the Tahoe.

Please post pics of your new babies once you get them in place. We always like pics.

Brue

• Like 2

When I bought my La Scala IIs, the seller had the original boxes and foam padding, so that was lucky.  The tops just lift off, and have their own boxes, so a pair of LS2s comes in 4 boxes, which are all pretty big..

At the time, I had a ‘98 Dodge Grand Caravan with the second row seat removed (no Stow ‘n Go seating on that one), and the 4 boxes barely fit.  The upside is that I was sure the almost-mint one owner speakers were totally safe in their boxes.  Naturally, I kept the boxes and padding.  If I ever have to do it again, my current Grand Caravan does have the storable second and third row seats, so there would be quite a bit more usable space in it.

Almost forgot, I brought my Belles home in that ‘98 van back in 2009.  They came without boxes, and they easIly fit into the van, with room to spare.  I’m glad to hear your move went well, with no casualties.