Iron Butterfly

Tony Whitlow

17 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Sorry to hear that (literally).

Why?

I just don't understand the love for old vinyl. To each his own but I went full speed ahead with a better recording format. Compact disc = way way better S/N ratio and zero pops, scratches, and inherent surface noise. There is zero comparison between cd and vinyl recording from a technical standpoint, and end user sound quality.

I gave a way to friends probably 250 albums shortly after switching to dc format.

Just now, polizzio said:

Why?

I just don't understand the love for old vinyl. To each his own but I went full speed ahead with a better recording format. Compact disc = way way better S/N ratio and zero pops, scratches, and inherent surface noise. There is zero comparison between cd and vinyl recording from a technical standpoint, and end user sound quality.

I gave a way to friends probably 250 albums shortly after switching to dc format.

Square wave versus natural curve.  But to each his own.  Some of us here are musicians and can tell the difference.

11 minutes ago, Tony Whitlow said:

I had an LP too. Got rid of all that nasty noisy vinyl though in 1983.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you Tony. To each his own but I don't miss snap crackle and pop whatsoever. And I took meticulous care of my vinyl collection. 

Why?

Playing plastic records is dragging a rock through mud to reproduce sound. Physically impossible to sound better than pristine digital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Just now, oldtimer said:

Square wave versus natural curve.  But to each his own.  Some of us here are musicians and can tell the difference.

Hey, good for you, I'm happy for you. You like snap, crackle, and pop. You like a S/N ratio of 60 versus 90+. Good for you, enjoy.

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I am not here to educate the retarded.  Enjoy what you have.

So you have to resort to insulting others? Is that your MO to prove a point? 

Your statement here speak way more than I ever could. Have a nice day, old guy.