cheap looking RP-500SA

bgalakazam

So I got a pair of Reference Premier RP-500SA for Atmos and WOW am I shocked how cheap they look. The reference premier is supposed to be the better of the lineups and yet it looked like a cheap Chinese speaker. The grill cover is the worst, plastic looks super cheap, the logo paint wore off and the cloth looks like it will rip. I can also see glue on the inner cone of the woofer. WOW... My Reference II series looks classes ahead in quality.

With Palladium gone, is there anything above Reference Premier as far as HT speakers go?

11 minutes ago, bgalakazam said:

So I got a pair of Reference Premier RP-500SA for Atmos and WOW am I shocked how cheap they look. The reference premier is supposed to be the better of the lineups and yet it looked like a cheap Chinese speaker. The grill cover is the worst, plastic looks super cheap, the logo paint wore off and the cloth looks like it will rip. I can also see glue on the inner cone of the woofer. WOW... My Reference II series looks classes ahead in quality.

With Palladium gone, is there anything above Reference Premier as far as HT speakers go?

You must have got a knock off because my RP500SAs look amazing. In no way do they look cheap. 

Pretty much all new product from Klipsch except for the Heritage line is manufactured in the Peoples Republic of China.  Like conservatively probably 95% of all the new home loudspeakers sold in the USA today, all brands.

• Sad 1

Personally I like the looks of the old rp-line much better than the new one... but don't exactly think "cheap" when I look at them... Would you be able to post a picture of them maybe? 

Also, if you intend to use them as height channels, might I suggest in-ceiling speakers instead.

@bgalakazam As a matter of interest, how long have you had these speakers? One of my PRO-180RPC in-ceiling speakers had an imperfection in the woofer from the factory (really just a minor blemish), but the Klipsch dealer in South Africa exchanged it, no questions asked. I would contact your dealer and explain to them what's going on, or contact Klipsch support directly if you don't come right with your dealer. We pay good money for these speakers, and they're well worth it, but you need to be happy with them at the end of the day.

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2019 at 10:58 AM, bgalakazam said:

looks like it will rip

I don't agree with this, most all speaker cloth looks like it will rip if you look at it funny.  The new Reference Premier is actually tougher than a lot of them.  

On 6/6/2019 at 10:58 AM, bgalakazam said:

RF-7III, but if you need upfiring Atmos or downfiring elevations, you still gotta get the RP-500SA.  

• Like 1