Speaker test music? Dynamic Highs/Lows ...

Emile

8 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I believe [hedging here] TalkingHeads "Stop Making Sense" is all digital

True.

Five stars for WillyBob.

It was from a film. The film is the first made entirely using digital audio techniques.

• Thanks 1

Some of mine: 

AC/DC Hells Bells

Lou Reed Walk on the Wild Side

Dire Straits Private Investigations

Daft Punk Get Lucky

Pink Floyd Happiest Days of our Lives

CSN Just a Song Before I Go

Ryan Adams Stars Go Blue

Norah Jones Turn me On

Chris Stapleton Whiskey and You 

• Thanks 1

ZZ top "One Foot In The Blues" CD:.

Song: "Fool For Your Stockings" 

If it's loud enough, the opening note has scared (made em jump) many of my friends... 🙂

"Sure got cold after the rain fell" is another awesome song... 

Not a very well known CD, Saw it recommended elsewhere... LOVE It !

Well; played the "dynamic" George Benson recording ... very disappointed [emoji20] Must be an inferior download. Tried some other suggestions above ... again, not much "definition." To check, played my "Country - The Auction" download from youtube. Again, BLAH [emoji20] ... played the original CD to compare it and the difference is unbelievable ... the CD gives me real lows/highs and much definition which is absent in the youtube crap [emoji20]  OK; live and learn [emoji3] 

If you want to try the real version of "Country - The Auction," PM me with your email address and I can send you a WMV file of it --- too large to post here (4.5MB) [emoji3] 

Cheers, Emile

Don’t confuse dynamics (range of amplitude) with wide spectral content. It would be easy to produce either independently. Finding “stunner” tracks that incorporate both is a trick.

I always recommend Norah Jones - Come Away With Me, The Pineapple Thief - Your Wilderness, Eric Clapton - Pilgrim, Dire Straits - On Every Street, Flim and the BB’s - Tricycle. That’s a good starter list.
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2019 at 2:03 PM, Heritage_Head said:

For those using spotify (everything I posted is on there) I have also found that an optical toslink from my laptop to avr is incredibly better sounding then my spotify app on say a ps4. I don't pay for spotify (use to but haven't renewed in in awhile. You can still use the app and your account but you have to pause or change songs or you might get an audio ad between songs. A pain for sure. 

1429e3cb-e5c1-4065-8a67-1294c7838759.jpg

I use this from a Mac mini to a MAC6700 and it works well. USB is much better but the USB function on that unit AND my C2500 (same basic USB section) is garbage in terms of reliability ie. it doesn't work. 

• Like 1