How to get maximum of the book-shelf speakers

uv_mi

Hi,
Relatively less experienced HT owner. I have two floor standing speakers (RF 610) , one SW (R-100SW), one center channel  (R-52C) and a pair of book-shelf speakers (R-41M). Currently I have hooked them as 3.1.2 system (bookshelf as FPL and FPR) to my AV. But somehow with this configuration I am just not hearing much out of the book-shelf speakers. Is there another way to boost their performance?

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, uv_mi said:

Hi,
Relatively less experienced HT owner. I have two floor standing speakers (RF 610) , one SW (R-100SW), one center channel  (R-52C) and a pair of book-shelf speakers (R-41M). Currently I have hooked them as 3.1.2 system (bookshelf as FPL and FPR) to my AV. But somehow with this configuration I am just not hearing much out of the book-shelf speakers. Is there another way to boost their performance?

Thanks.

Try setting your AVR to "all channel stereo" or whatever your brand AVR calls it.  Really just a test because you will be getting full signal to all speakers.  If no problem there, then maybe your source content audio isn't mixed with a lot of action going to those speakers.

Bill

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, uv_mi said:

Currently I have hooked them as 3.1.2 system (bookshelf as FPL and FPR)

Something doesn't sound right in your configuration.  Most AVR's will setup a 5.1 L/C/R and surrounds before it will allow you add presence speakers.

Can you check your AVR manual and confirm this?

• Like 1