FS - One pair Chorus 1. Sold pending visit and funds

jimjimbo

Both pairs sold.  Thanks for all of the interest.

ONE PAIR HAS BEEN SOLD.  PLEASE SEE FOLLOWING POSTS.

They are Walnut Oil, one pair from 1989, and one pair from 1990.  Both pairs have consecutive serial numbers.  They are all original drivers and crossovers.  Cabinetry is in excellent condition with a few small dings here and there, but nothing serious.  Grills are in excellent shape.  All badges are present. 

Although they are in very nice condition, I have no use for them.  I simply want to make them available to my forum friends after I do some rehab on them to keep me busy for a week or so.  (My labor is the fun part.....)  These will be plug and play when complete.

Price:  $625 per pair.  Original Instruction Manual included with each pair.  

Located in the South Bend, IN area.

No shipping

Accept PayPal plus fees if needed, cash, USPS MO, bank checks.  Please, no bitcoins.

PHOTOS ARE POSTED BELOW OF THE REMAINING PAIR.

Addition:  I will certainly entertain a trade of one pair plus cash for a nice pair of La Scalas.  Please PM me with interest, thank you.

• Like 6

I like your approach on this sale jimjimbo. I enjoy these same type of activities, restoring the original look and feel these speakers had in an earlier life. Many people do not understand the amount of hours, and love, they end up being showered with. Nice prices BTW. GLWYS. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

I like your approach on this sale jimjimbo. I enjoy these same type of activities, restoring the original look and feel these speakers had in an earlier life. Many people do not understand the amount of hours, and love, they end up being showered with. Nice prices BTW. GLWYS. 

Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate it.

First pair is done.  One coat of Howard's Restore A Finish, and two coats of Watco Rejuvenating Oil.  Beautiful day to do the work.  They look and sound fantastic.  Had several neighbors come over and remark about the great sound.  Will be working on the second pair tomorrow and Sunday.  Please PM me with interest, thanks.  Jim

IMG_6042 (Medium).jpg

IMG_6043 (Medium).jpg

IMG_6044 (Medium).jpg

IMG_6045 (Medium).jpg

IMG_6046 (Medium).jpg

IMG_6047 (Medium).jpg

IMG_6048 (Medium).jpg

IMG_6049 (Medium).jpg

IMG_6050 (Medium).jpg

• Like 5

=== I’ve got you at about 9 hours to KC proper. Leave early enough tomorrow and you can attend my Grandsons #5 birthday and present him with his first pair of Klipsch. I betcha’ he’s the first 5 year old to be gifted a pair of Chorus. Cake and punch is, of course, on me —

• Like 1

Buy with confidence, @jimjimbo is a great person to deal with.

A pair of these would complete the heritage and extended heritage collection...

Heresy, Cornwall, La Scala. Belle, Khorn

Quartet, Forte, Forte II. Forte III, Chorus (missing), and Chorus II.

• Like 3

@jimjimbo is the prototype for all of us on how to sell speakers.  Honest description, great communication, excellent cleanup/restoration, plenty of the right kind of pictures IN FOCUS, priced fairly.

These two pair of Chorus I's should sell quickly.

• Like 1

Thanks Dave for the kind words.  I had hoped that these would keep me busy for at least a week, but after I gathered all of my supplies and did the preliminary cleanup and wipe down,  and since we had such great weather for the last couple of days, I figured I might as well get them done.  They are of course available for demo.

Now that I've completed the project, I now have time to go to a big record show today.  My wife is thrilled......

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

What kind of cake?  And, the frosting?  Very important of course....

=== when asked, my daughter took a hard line on this. “He’ll get whatever cake I decide to make”. Alrighty then. Balls in your court —

For an entry level investment, you get to skip way ahead of the pack with a pair of Chorus, and ones that look this nice is a bonus.

I rebuilt a pair of Chorus cabinets for another forum member and was very impressed with the sound they produced. Classic Klipsch.

Somebody jump on these.

• Like 1