Another RIP (added pics from yesterday 6-22)

oldtimer

He joins Leon Redbone, who passed last week. A man who came from another century just to let us know what it sounded like.

If those two are holding a concert up in heaven, I want to be in the front row seat. 

Well wait a second on that. Maybe I'll wait awhile.

Two musicians who plumbed the depths of their musical genre, with genius, talent and a true love for the music.

Thanks guys.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, thebes said:

He joins Leon Redbone, who passed last week. A man who came from another century just to let us know what it sounded like.

If those two are holding a concert up in heaven, I want to be in the front row seat. 

Well wait a second on that. Maybe I'll wait awhile.

Two musicians who plumbed the depths of their musical genre, with genius, talent and a true love for the music.

Thanks guys.

The Other Side has all the greats and the best bands and soloists!

John Kuthe...

My first concert, Dr John @ St Bernard Civic Center in Louisiana probably 47 years ago before he hit the big time. Before i even got my driver's license. Dr John, and Vince Vance and the Valiants. Dr John was local, an original, funky performer. I had one of his albums way back in the day.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, polizzio said:

My first concert, Dr John @ St Bernard Civic Center in Louisiana probably 47 years ago before he hit the big time. Before i even got my driver's license. Dr John, and Vince Vance and the Valiants. Dr John was local, an original, funky performer. I had one of his albums way back in the day.

I know that place, live not far away, also remember Vince Vance and the Valiants, they played everywhere. 

8 hours ago, dtel said:

I know that place, live not far away, also remember Vince Vance and the Valiants, they played everywhere. 

Yes, in St Bernard Parish. I was young, like 12, 13, or 14. Vince Vance and the Valiants played 50s and 60s music. I still remember one of the songs played "Leader of the Pack" because Vince came out on stage riding a Harley from the side stage. Made a lasting impression on me. This would have been 1971, or somewhere close to it. I caught a ride along with older teenagers to the concert.

And I said album but after thinking about it, it was 45 rpm singles I collected back then. Had a job after school (and summer time) and spent most of my earnings on my aquarium and 45 rpm records. Had a couple of Dr John's recordings.

• Like 2