Phono Preamp Suggestion?

Hi, everyone. 

My setup is a Harmon Kardon AVR-7200, two Klipsch Cornwalls for fronts, two Klipsch Synergys for surrounds, and two Klipsch ceiling mount speakers for my rears. 
I recently got a real good deal on a brand new Audio-Technica AT-LP120 USB turntable. The link shows the model I bought. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Technica-AT-LP120-USB-Turntable/362635382762?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

At first I used the turntable's built-in preamp and ran the signal into my HK's DVD port. Ugh. The sound was flat and thin and caused ear fatigue. This is consistent with comments I've read that the turntable's preamp is substandard. So, I bought a Technolink TC750LC preamp for $48.00 to see if a different preamp might make a difference. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Technolink-TC-750LC-Audiophile-M-M-Phono-Preamp-with-Output-Level-Control-Black/283278915026?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Well, this $48.00 preamp really helped a lot! I'm at the point now where I'm thinking an investment of two or three hundred in a nicer preamp might really be worth it. 
I'm not so enamored of vinyl that I want to spend hundreds or thousands on a turntable but I do like my old vinyl from time to time. Right now I'm listening to an old copy of James Taylor's "Walking Man" and it sounds pretty darn good with the Technolink. 

I'm writing to ask for some suggestions for a moderately priced preamp (under $300.00?) that would give me another quality boost. 

Thanks! 

Mike Gallery

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MikeGinIllinois said:

Well, this $48.00 preamp really helped a lot! I'm at the point now where I'm thinking an investment of two or three hundred in a nicer preamp might really be worth it. 

I'm not so enamored of vinyl that I want to spend hundreds or thousands on a turntable but I do like my old vinyl from time to time. Right now I'm listening to an old copy of James Taylor's "Walking Man" and it sounds pretty darn good with the Technolink. 

I'm writing to ask for some suggestions for a moderately priced preamp (under $300.00?) that would give me another quality boost. 

Thanks! 

Mike Gallery

A good Phono Preamp is especially important! I bought a McIntosh MX113 preamp/tuner for $450 into my McIntosh MC2105 power amp into my La Scalas and IT ROCKS!

John Kuthe...

Love my Schiit Mani!  It's the Schiit's!  There's a review on youtube  using The Glass Animal's track called  "Black Mamba.".  I watched that stinking thing so many times I bought the LP!  Not bad either.  Sure it's YouTube but I've blown $150 at suckie concerts before!  Running modded RB LS, PrimaLuna and a Linn table.  I'm more than happy.  :)  Good luck man!  

• Like 1