• Yamaha
    • Acoustic Audio
    • DIY subswoofer
    • Other
  5. 5. TV or projector?

• TV
    • Projector
    • Both

Multiple choice is enabled for every question seeing as some have more than one HT setup. All answers are anonymous for me, but apparently not for you who participate. Sadly there is nothing I can do about that. If you for any reason wan't to keep your anonymity, PLEASE DO NOT participate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Very nice poll.  Excellent job of putting it together.  :emotion-21:

@HenrikTJ according to your Avatar information you have a great home theater speaker setup.  I'm just curious, what is the purpose of your poll?

Thanks @wvu80! To be honest, there is no special purpose of this poll. I just found out we could post polls here and wanted to try it out. But I've always wanted to know what sort of setup my fellow HT-buffs are rocking. However, I was a bit bummed out the limit of questions was 5. Had some other questions which could make the whole poll much more extensive.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HenrikTJ said:

Had some other questions which could make the whole poll much more extensive.

Your first poll is just about the right length and all questions connect to one another.  Wait until you get some info, it may help you shape the questions for your next poll.

Here is my current living room 5.1 setup.  RF-83 + RP600M as L/R, RC-64 III, RS-62's on the side.  I used the bi-amp from the Marantz 6011 to run one full range signal to the RF-83 and the other full range signal to the RP-600M, both with jumpers installed.  The sound is better but not greatly better.591494550_RP-600Mbi-amprightsideview_800.thumb.jpg.b8712124600503367435c1ae83b68773.jpg

A single DIY Reference 15 w/plate amp is behind the couch, not pictured.  The Vizio PQ65 is a recent pick up for me since the ten year-old one died.

• Like 4

I like to tell the story of pre-HT days.  There  had been advertisements re an animated hour-long (or so) Batman coming up on a UHF channel which had adopted the then new stereo broadcast system.  I had come by a 15 inch Trinitron which had the decoder and RCA outputs.  I hooked it up to a budget JVC receiver and two speakers I'd built.  They were the EV Wolverine (budget) three-way which was kinda like a CW.

That Batman was dark and intellectual and the sound was excellent.

It just shows how big an improvement you get with a mid class stereo system.

WMcD

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, HenrikTJ said:

Multiple choice is enabled where it should be and all answers are anonymous.

Not that it matters but it's not anonymous, all you have to do is click on the votes on the right. 

6.1 here, left over from the old days and speakers came in pairs. :lol:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dtel said:

Not that it matters but it's not anonymous, all you have to do is click on the votes on the right. 

Therein lies the heritage to the poll or even votes taken awhile ago when votes we're taken for moderators... Legacy software

Transparent  some one please correct...if matters to you.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Your first poll is just about the right length and all questions connect to one another.  Wait until you get some info, it may help you shape the questions for your next poll.

Here is my current living room 5.1 setup.  RF-83 + RP600M as L/R, RC-64 III, RS-62's on the side.  I used the bi-amp from the Marantz 6011 to run one full range signal to the RF-83 and the other full range signal to the RP-600M, both with jumpers installed.  The sound is better but not greatly better.591494550_RP-600Mbi-amprightsideview_800.thumb.jpg.b8712124600503367435c1ae83b68773.jpg

A single DIY Reference 15 w/plate amp is behind the couch, not pictured.  The Vizio PQ65 is a recent pick up for me since the ten year-old one died.

Wow! Very nice! I see you've upgraded since last time I saw your setup. I remember you posted a picture on one of my previous posts about speaker stands where you had those 600s as fronts on stands. How are those floorstanders treating you?

11 minutes ago, dtel said:

Im sorry. 6.1 has now been added if you want to share it. 

Hmm... I think it might just be anonymous for me haha. I don't get any names when clicking on the votes on the right and the option to display voters name is not enabled. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I have a 9.2 system listed in my sig and noticed it didn't have a place for my RB-75s but figured they could be classified as small "RF" towers.  😁

Think that should  qualify...

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, HenrikTJ said:

Im sorry. 6.1 has now been added if you want to share it. 

Wasn't a big deal, probably very few out there, will change my choice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtel said:

Wasn't a big deal, probably very few out there, will change my choice.

Yes, but I want to include everyone. It was a neglect on my part. I'm fairly new at HT and honestly didn't know there were setup configs other than 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 and so on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HenrikTJ said:

Wow! Very nice! I see you've upgraded since last time I saw your setup.

I remember you posted a picture on one of my previous posts about speaker stands where you had those 600s as fronts on stands. How are those floorstanders treating you?

Yeah I'm changing my front soundstage all the time.  I put the RP-600M on stands for L/R so I could hear what they could do.  I could move them to rear surrounds but I really love the sound and wanted to keep them up front.

The RF-83 has a complete speaker sound top to bottom.  With my la scala's and Khorns I was always changing the crossover, tweeter or something.  The RF-83 sounds great as-is, very smooth, very listenable.  Their one shortcoming might be  the HF.  I decided to put the 600M on top because it extends to 25 Khz, and the single 6.5" woofer does not compare to three 8' woofers. 

It was an experiment and one that I think I'll keep as it sounds good and looks good.  I really liked my RS-62's on top but they looked a bit cumbersome, even for me.

• Like 1

I put my vote in. 

My Frankensystem consists of Forte-Heresy-Forte in front. Less than ideally placed RP160’s as surrounds, C5800’s in ceiling for rear Atmos,  SVS 13 sub. Driven by Denon receiver with two channel Parasound amp for left and right. Trying to figure out how to place two more C5800 in front ceiling position without causing to much damage. Haha! 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 10:24 PM, Zen Traveler said:

I have a 9.2 system listed in my sig and noticed it didn't have a place for my RB-75s but figured they could be classified as small "RF" towers.  😁

There's a place behind my couch for a pair of RB-75s! Awesome little speaker.

I currently have an AVR but want to upgrade to a pre-pro.

Not sure how to vote. I have 2 small home theater systems. One, I voted Forte... Klipsch Chorus II's and the other system JBL 250Ti/240Ti. I voted Pre/Pro as I use only 2 channels of the AVR and 7 channels of external amplification for the remainder for both atmos systems. Subs are Monolith. Plasma and projector.

• Like 1