WTH? No Stanley Cup thread?

jimjimbo

Blues gave the B's some of their own medicine. And they gripe about it? The freaking nerve of those sore loser teams in Boston. I'm loving it. Checkers might get their cup Saturday, B's should lose Sunday. Great weekend whether it keeps raining or not! Go Blues!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EmilC said:

2011 I believe. Average since then.

We"ll let our resident St Louisans answer that

Yes, '11 was the last championship, but this is still a die hard baseball town. That being said, the Blues fans have been extremely loyal for a very long time. It would be a great boost for their morale to finally hoist the cup. 

We still go screwed by money hungry football owner(s) but given enough time, they will screw everyone.

• Like 1

I think that the Blues would have won last night's game (game 5) anyway, but my sense of fair play makes me uncomfortable that they won it on a bad (non-)call. I would have liked to see them win it cleanly. But that's why it's a best-of-seven series, I guess.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 1:56 PM, JohnJ said:

Blues gave the B's some of their own medicine. And they gripe about it? The freaking nerve of those sore loser teams in Boston. I'm loving it. Checkers might get their cup Saturday, B's should lose Sunday. Great weekend whether it keeps raining or not! Go Blues!!

It's interesting that the teams we dislike tend to be from our own conference because we know them better.  With you, it's the Bruins.  With me, the Blues.  Every time I start to give them some benefit and ease off, they do something to change it back to the original opinion.  I do know which city I would choose to live in if the two were my only choices.

• Like 1

Really don't know, @oldtimer a Polar Bear is more suited for a team closer to the pole. You watched them play a little, they are a real bear to handle!

Check out this promo from back in Feb., I've tried to get my hands on one , they doled them all out at one game back then.

blk.jpg

Now godzilla for a mascot...

That's how they trounced the AHL this season.

Translates to good things in the future for the Hurricanes!

Forgot game 6 was today, looks like the bruins were playing for a change. Split loyalties, big Boston sports fan but I also would like to see the blues win their first ever, and I’ve met J. Boumeester once in Alberta at a mountain lodge. He and his wife were very nice down to earth, pleasant people so cheering for the Albertan!