WTH? No Stanley Cup thread?

jimjimbo

Blues did look way off yesterday.

At least the home town guys get a party tonight at the ONLY  Charlotte Coliseum.

That rinky-dink thing in the middle of the freakin road downtown does not count!!

5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Blues did look way off yesterday.

At least the home town guys get a party tonight at the ONLY  Charlotte Coliseum.

That rinky-dink thing in the middle of the freakin road downtown does not count!!

Blues were a tad (or more) off last night but have always alternated great games with WTH games. Hopefully they will bounce back for game 7!

Went to the Charlotte Knights baseball stadium a couple years ago, it was very impressive. Got to hit in the batting cages too!

Never saw the Coliseum.

• Like 1

Just now, MookieStl said:

Blues were a tad (or more) off last night but have always alternated great games with WTH games. Hopefully they will bounce back for game 7!

Went to the Charlotte Knights baseball stadium a couple years ago, it was very impressive. Got to hit in the batting cages too!

Never saw the Coliseum.

The new Knights stadium if it was last year... off of I-77 just south of me here with the baseball water tower! Their original burned down in the 90s, the glow was so bright that evening I could see the fire from 5 miles south, drove my bike up there and two blocks away the heat was searing..... had to back up another block. It was all wooden built in the 30s and very dry stuff. When you had to make a pit stop on quarter beer knights it was literally a forty foot trough on a wall, folks weren't as uptight way back when.

Frank Sinatra christened our new ACC Tournament Coliseum on my side of town early in 91 or 92. In `03 I was taking a shower one Sunday morning and an explosion shook this house. They leveled it to build one half as big downtown. dim-wits.

Our original on Independence Blvd/Frwy

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

The new Knights stadium if it was last year... off of I-77 just south of me here with the baseball water tower! Their original burned down in the 90s, the glow was so bright that evening I could see the fire from 5 miles south, drove my bike up there and two blocks away the heat was searing..... had to back up another block. It was all wooden built in the 30s and very dry stuff. When you had to make a pit stop on quarter beer knights it was literally a forty foot trough on a wall, folks weren't as uptight way back when.

Frank Sinatra christened our new ACC Tournament Coliseum on my side of town early in 91 or 92. In `03 I was taking a shower one Sunday morning and an explosion shook this house. They leveled it to build one half as big downtown. dim-wits.

Our original on Independence Blvd/Frwy

I was there in October of '16 @ BB&T park. It was fairly new, I think they said it opened in 2014. It is on South Mint Street. Not too far from the convention center.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

I was there in October of '16 @ BB&T park. It was fairly new, I think they said it opened in 2014. It is on South Mint Street. Not too far from the convention center.

Ah H&ll. You are Right! on that one, the one off of 77, like 15 miles from downtown was replaced last decade... my bad.

I've lived here again since `03 and I forgot about that one. Saw Disturbed (what a show) there where it stands once for free during one of the festivals downtown right after I moved back here. Don't go downtown much anymore.

Glad the blues won, but I've got to say that Chara impressed me years ago with ability and how he could use his size. Past week and minutes ago he impressed with his character.     Enjoy it Blues Fans!

• Like 3

What a game. No contact penalties, no controversial hits, in fact not even any brutal hits, just continuous hockey and a career-defining performance from Binnington.

The Bruins are an amazingly good team, which makes it that much sweeter to defeat them.

• Like 4

Great defense and stifling checking plus Binnington the rookie that bested our Cam Ward by one game in his rookie year Cup win.

Fifty minutes in you knew what was going to happen, those bruins were toast and they knew it you could see it in their play.

That was close to a shutout win for St Louis, those two seconds of distraction cost him. His is an RFA and is moving to a new tax bracket this year!

Guys on NHL network are talking about the game being so "complete", implying it in a historical perspective.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Guys on NHL network are talking about the game being so "complete", implying it in a historical perspective.

From dead-last to Stanley Cup in five months -- I'd call it historic, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, codewritinfool said:

Wow. I waited all my life for this!

Me too! Been a long dry spell but makes it that much sweeter!

Many die hard Blues fans are finally rewarded.

Great game! I was a little scared at first but we made the best of limited chances early and then played excellent hockey.

Boston showed class to the end.

Seeing Pietrangelo lift the cup with the blue note on his chest, made me proud.

Well done boys.

• Like 2