Epic CF2 comparison

PBowman

I bought Epic CF2s in college around 1998 and I am now researching getting new speakers.  I like Klipsch and I am leaning toward a RP 8000f replacement, but I am also checking out ascend DO options.  My question though, since I am sure that science and technology have improved significantly in 20 years if anyone knows which speaker in the Klipsch line would have equivalent sound quality to the Epic CF2 in today's line, would it be in the RP line, or does the R line sound just as good as that now? Thanks

2 hours ago, PBowman said:

I bought Epic CF2s in college around 1998 and I am now researching getting new speakers.  I like Klipsch and I am leaning toward a RP 8000f replacement, but I am also checking out ascend DO options.  My question though, since I am sure that science and technology have improved significantly in 20 years if anyone knows which speaker in the Klipsch line would have equivalent sound quality to the Epic CF2 in today's line, would it be in the RP line, or does the R line sound just as good as that now? Thanks

Have you considered a re build of your CF2 crossovers? A Layer of Dynamat or Hushmat on the back side of your horns. You can also install a layer of dynamat on the woofer basket struts on the inside as well as the outside of the struts. Maybe some added brace work to your cabinets and you will have breathed brand new life into your Klipsch to take them another 20 years for you with ease. If you are not handy with a soldering iron Bob Crites can swap out caps for you or he can build you a brand new set of networks not only with much improved parts but also with a much improved layout. I know that you will be shocked with the improvement. That's a lot less cash than a brand new set of speakers. Further you can put your CF2 up on some nice four post stands to get the tweeter centred at your seated ear level for much improved stage and image.

below is an image of a pair of new Forte lll up upon a set of four post Slylan Stands. I have also attached a photo of a pair of Harbeth M40 on Skylan Stands to give yo an idea of how well large floor standers look  up on a good stand.

Klipsch Forte 3 on Skylan Stands.JPG

Skylan Stands with Harbeth M40.jpg