MEH Synergy

Just now, Westcoastdrums said:

Doubtful.  Room acoustics and placement  limitations are likely the culprit.  

Maybe.. Horn bass isn't everyones cup of tea. If that was indeed the case. You certainly wouldn't be alone. Plenty of klipsch disciples don't prefer it compared to direct. 

2 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

Maybe.. Horn bass isn't everyones cup of tea. If that was indeed the case. You certainly wouldn't be alone. Plenty of klipsch disciples don't prefer it compared to direct. 

All the best subs I have heard have been horns. 

• Confused 1

I have so little experience with horn bass certainly no expert (barely a novice). I loved the cornwall bass and would have no issues going back to that part of it in a second. But cornwalls/heresys compared to the hf904/510 or now LSs  mid/high is night and day imho. After owning 904s going to heresys was like going cold turkey. The LSs definitely cured me.

95% of my time with my system is tv/movies streaming online, netflix, or blu rays. So that large no effort voice (hard to describe but you have heard it most likely with the 396s so you know what I'm trying to convey) for my use. Is the largest desire I'm looking for. 904s and LSs are the only two speakers I've owned so far that have that. 

1 minute ago, Heritage_Head said:

After owning 904s going to heresys was like going cold turkey

Well driving my wife's Accord does feel a touch slow compared to my modified golf r, I see your point and raise you one 🤔. If 95% of your time is spent with TV/ movies, the center channel and processor and your best friends. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Well driving my wife's Accord does feel a touch slow compared to my modified golf r, I see your point and raise you one 🤔. If 95% of your time is spent with TV/ movies, the center channel and processor and your best friends. 

Agree and disagree. Center imo is only really important if you have one. Or if the L & R are far apart. Otherwise it becomes a liability if its anything less than the mains. I ran 3 904s behind a screen. Room was only 12' wide. 2 904s would have ran that set up with out a hitch. If you were blindfolded you would never know there wasn't a center channel. I ran a cornwall set up with no center 2 904s after with no center now 2 LSs with no center. But in all these cases nothing was ever more than 10'ish apart towed in. 

Bigger room with wider l/r and it becomes an issue for sure. But my days of ever running a horizontal center are more than over. Not that horizontal centers are bad. Im just permanently spoiled lol. 

11 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

Im a firm believer that speaker companies are cashing in on these smaller horizontal centers

I didn't say it had to be small or horizontal. A processor will dictate what is sent where (and based on how sound is mixed/broadcasted in your case) and a proper center with processing will likely sound better for movies and dialogue than a stereo setup.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Why'd you ditch the 396's if you're wanting Cornwalls? You're a strange fellow..

For a different system, not my main. Less than half the cost, no sub needed.  Sure as hell doesn't sound strange to me. I'll take that as a compliment?   Thank you for dictating what is and isn't appropriate for my wants and needs.