MEH Synergy

53 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Think he did already in another thread.

Bump for a good guy that honestly appraises the gear he puts up here!

Godzilla Sized Subwoofer!

Thanks man, appreciate the kind words. Always good chatting with ya. Take care. Starting to warm up quite uncomfortably (to me) out my way.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

Why corns 2? Just wondering. Different system?

Yes, different system. I've always been fond of Cornwalls.  Cornwalls IIs I prefer over 1s and IIIs are pricey for a second system. They excel at low volumes full range.   Price is also right. Someone can have a killer sub and rehome Cornwalls they don't want or aren't using. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Yes, different system. I've always been fond of Cornwalls.  Cornwalls IIs I prefer over 1s and IIIs are pricey for a second system. They excel at low volumes full range.   Price is also right. Someone can have a killer sub and rehome Cornwalls they don't want or aren't using. 

Cornwalls have more bass than any stand alone speaker I've ever heard. Awesome speakers Indeed. I loved mine. Plus cornscals is always something someone can do to get even more performance from them. The 3s use a smaller mid horn (same ones they use in the hersey 3s. Ive read they lost the cornwall horn mold as why they switched). Imho 1 or 2 is a better choice anyways. If the corns have/had a weakness its the mid horn so going smaller Idk how that makes sense. 

1 minute ago, Heritage_Head said:

Cornwalls have more bass than any stand alone speaker I've ever heard. Awesome speakers Indeed. I loved mine. Plus cornscals is always something someone can do to get even more performance from them. The 3s use a smaller mid horn (same ones they use in the hersey 3s. Ive read they lost the cornwall horn mold as why they switched). Imho 1 or 2 is a better choice anyways. If the corns have/had a weakness its the mid horn so going smaller Idk how that makes sense. 

I hear ya and understand what you are saying. I go by what they sound like to my ears. I really liek the heresy IIIs and think they are phenomial speakers.   As such, no surprise I really like the cornwall IIIs in spite of the baby horn.  A nice pair of Cornwalls IIs with crossover already done (or not) would fit the bill nicely.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I hear ya and understand what you are saying. I go by what they sound like to my ears. I really liek the heresy IIIs and think they are phenomial speakers.   As such, no surprise I really like the cornwall IIIs in spite of the baby horn.  A nice pair of Cornwalls IIs with crossover already done (or not) would fit the bill nicely.   

Don't get me wrong I bet the corn3 are fantastic.