Audio Technical Theater of the Absurd

Dave A

Dean, do you remember when I built that set of over-the-top DBB Cornscales?  Yopu did the crossovers for them.  They were really pretty.  That guy sent me wire to use.   Wire was claimed  to treated with with some kind of deep sea shark oil.  Looked like decent copper wire to me, I used it.  I didn't get any of shark oil on me though.  

• 5 weeks later...

Looks like phase aligned horns to me. I heard the Sadurni Horns about 5 years ago, and they brought tears to my eyes. It was the best $40,000 speaker setup I ever heard. Looks can be deceving when the laws of physics are followed, first and foremost.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave A said:

When Form takes over Function. No price listed and I did not dig for one. I am in awe at how tasteless pursuit of a new look can become. I think there were things like this on the Queen Mary in LA.horn_brown-gallery.thumb.jpg.33de874b14181d99f562c822a4b20f97.jpg

Bet they sound superb in that anechoic chamber:)

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Looks like phase aligned horns to me. I heard the Sadurni Horns about 5 years ago, and they brought tears to my eyes. It was the best $40,000 speaker setup I ever heard. Looks can be deceving when the laws of physics are followed, first and foremost.

OK whats that tube thing in the middle, a phase aligned espresso unit?

On 10/22/2019 at 9:13 PM, Tom Mobley said:

Dean, do you remember when I built that set of over-the-top DBB Cornscales?  Yopu did the crossovers for them.  They were really pretty.  That guy sent me wire to use.   Wire was claimed  to treated with with some kind of deep sea shark oil.  Looked like decent copper wire to me, I used it.  I didn't get any of shark oil on me though.  

"Smilin Steve".

He had more money into power cables than he had for the work you and me were doing for him. It was a crazy amount, I'm remembering $5K per power cable. Not Kidding. I think he ended up with a pair of Pipedreams. He also sent Craig a lot of money -- a ridiculous amount for custom wound transformers for some 120wpc VRDs. The last time I talked to Craig, the transformers were still sitting over there. Steve basically vanished off the face of the planet, we have no idea what happened to him.