Can't Connect R41 to TV

wan234

I just bought my first pair of Klipsch, R41 powered bookshelf speakers because I thought it could connect to my tv without a receiver.  That's what it says anyway.  I have an old "dumb" LG TV.

I bought RCA analogs, plugged in the red and white to the red white on R41 and the tv...then nothing.  Turned both off, on, first the speaker, then the tv, all variations of that on and off and still nothing playing through my R41.

I don't have cable on my tv and mostly use Google chromecast.  I wanted to play Spotify on tv with Klipsch sound...basically a Klipsch bookshelves acting as a soundbar.

The R41 works just fine with bluetooth audio but if I wanted, I wanted it to play through tv too why it won't play through tv even though RCA is connected?  There's no HDMI on the R41 I can connect to.

Any thoughts?

Most tvs with RCA outs will have an option in the menu to toggle the audio out through them on and off.  You want to turn that option to On and set the volume to Fixed, not Variable.

Let us know if that helps.