Experience is the best teacher!

I have a McIntosh MC2105 power amp and an ADCOM 3 way Speaker Switch so I figured the best place for the ADCOM was right on top of the MC2105! Right? Yes, but NOT over the MC2105's heat vents near the rear! Triggers the ADCOM's thermal cutoff! Oops!!

Moved the ADCOM box forward over the MC2105's wooden case, and no more evening cutouts! :-)

John Kuthe...

7 hours ago, WMcD said:

Time is the wisest counselor of all.
 - Pericles  495 – 429 BC Greece.

Almost the same thought.

The difference between school and life:

In Life, you get the Test first, then the Lesson!
in School, the Lesson first then the TEST! 

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and Life Lesson Learner!

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 9:56 PM, JohnKuthe said:

I have a McIntosh MC2105 power amp and an ADCOM 3 way Speaker Switch so I figured the best place for the ADCOM was right on top of the MC2105! Right? Yes, but NOT over the MC2105's heat vents near the rear! Triggers the ADCOM's thermal cutoff! Oops!!

Moved the ADCOM box forward over the MC2105's wooden case, and no more evening cutouts! :-)

John Kuthe...

And dumb as me,. I had a 20" Lasko Weather Shield FAN in the Hippie Pad cooling the preamp, when I should have had it on top of my La Scala where I have my Mcintosh MC2105 power amp AND my ADCOM Speaker Switch!! And now IT IS!! Fan on! COOLING!! :-)

I turned the bass down at the preamp too, as one of my JBL Control X's is compromised (water damage) especially notable at loud bassy notes! So now that sound like loud good transistor radios, NO/Little BASS!

John Kuthe...