Marantz crisis

YK Thom

Last night I lost video through the Marantz 5008. Audio only. Have had issues with the cable box and replaced it today. Same story. Audio no video. Cable box HDMI to Marantz CBL/sat. The unit was working fine with the Apple TV so the TV hasn’t died. Swapped out the cable to receiver HDMI with brand new one. Same issue any help or suggestions would be appreciated this is really not doing my Saturday night any good.

• Sad 1

As another after thought, when the AVR is cool, you could consider testing the HDMI output to telly again just to let you know what may be happening from that particular out put, if not done so already... this before using the composite or component out put to the set... cheers.

The plot thickens. Turned on the system this morning. Was going to listen to internet radio through the Apple TV. For a lark I tried turning on the new cable box again ( to see if the stove was still hot I suppose); it comes on video et al. Overnight firmware update for the box? Fluke ? Can HDMI ports function intermittently?

For now Cindy is happily watching her Sunday morning Coronation Street episodes.

Strange.

I own 2 Marantz avr’s, an older unit and a newer unit. The older unit was pre-hdmi. I have had no problems with either device..... and.......yes......there are a number of ways to connect various signals to each device. Each will accept rca and optical signals. HDMI connections are convenient but not exclusive on my units.

The only things that have changed are an HDMI cable swap and the Motorola cable box itself. I will shut it down later and try it again after she is done with her shows just in case it was a fluke. Perhaps there was some issue establishing the initial handshake.

• Like 1