Thrilled with the new RP-8000F

imahawki78

I just set up and calibrated a new RP-8000F based mixed use (stereo and HT) and I couldn't be happier.  The system actually replaced a more expensive GoldenEar setup I purchased about 4 years ago.  I'm not here to bash GoldenEar, I think the speakers (particularly my main L/R) just didn't work well in my room and integrate into my setup.  They make great speakers.  But man, the dynamics of the 8000s are off the charts better and the soundstage and imaging are equal if not better.  In fact, I don't have the Klipsch fully set up, I currently have them pushed much closer to the front wall while I play with final positioning so I should be able to wring more depth out of them.  But even now they just work so well for my ear.

The rest of my setup is the RP-504C and two pair of RP-502S for side and rear surrounds.

C002D87E-49E3-46E1-9ECF-D2B825074744.jpeg

• Like 5

I have the rp280f which is alot like the 8000 and yes I love the tweeters being at ear level which make the clarity unreal. I turn the highs and upper mids back afuzz in my crappy room and they sound heavenly! Im glad you are happy.

Thanks for the comments.  I've put a lot of work into the room both sonically and decor/comfort-wise.

I've watched a few movies so far, but I can't wait for this weekend.  I've been busy with family, kid's softball tournaments, etc. which has taken priority, as it should. I did get a chance to watch American Made and rewatched 2011's Source Code.  My wife and I also watched the penultimate episode of Chernobyl in the home theater instead of the living room.  I've also been listening to a lot of music.  Everything sounds fantastic so far and seems to be getting better.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2019 at 11:12 AM, imahawki78 said:

I just set up and calibrated a new RP-8000F based mixed use (stereo and HT) and I couldn't be happier.  The system actually replaced a more expensive GoldenEar setup I purchased about 4 years ago.  I'm not here to bash GoldenEar, I think the speakers (particularly my main L/R) just didn't work well in my room and integrate into my setup.  They make great speakers.  But man, the dynamics of the 8000s are off the charts better and the soundstage and imaging are equal if not better.  In fact, I don't have the Klipsch fully set up, I currently have them pushed much closer to the front wall while I play with final positioning so I should be able to wring more depth out of them.  But even now they just work so well for my ear.

The rest of my setup is the RP-504C and two pair of RP-502S for side and rear surrounds.

C002D87E-49E3-46E1-9ECF-D2B825074744.jpeg

Give us a update on the 8000s!

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a pair of RP 8000 and also bought a Rotel A14 amplifier.....sounds good but my son says this is not a good match.....any suggestions as to what is a better amplifier....I just listen to music.....I am not into home theater...please advise...thanks..Jimmy

@Jimmy A.

Welcome to the forum.

8 hours ago, Jimmy A said:

I just bought a pair of RP 8000 and also bought a Rotel A14 amplifier.....sounds good but my son says this is not a good match.

So you think it sounds good but son says not a good match.  In what way does he say they don't match?

8 hours ago, Jimmy A said:

any suggestions as to what is a better amplifier....I just listen to music.....I am not into home theater.

I say it there is a trial period with the Rotel, then run it through it's paces with different genres of music and source material and experiment with speaker placement and toe-in.  Then you decide if it still sounds good to you.

Bill

• Like 1