Started Here, Ended up There on youtube

JohnJ

• 3 weeks later...

Got coffee made and got to it before 6:30 this morning. Did some of the chores, put the tv on the news sat down with my mug....... BULLSHIT!

Can't listen to those opinions.. home-roku-off, receiver-off and in here when I can look at the news without the freaking ads or listening to those clowns I don't want to hear(satisfied smiley)

Started with:

moved on to:

Then:

Don't know that I've ever heard another Kenny Wayne tune

but this one was still stuck in my head from twenty years ago... nice!

• Like 2

A band I wouldn't have given the time of day because I didn't care for there name, but I watched them on Youtube and learned of their involvement with our troops, our veterans and donating the proceeds of one of their vids to the Gary Sinise Foundation for first responders.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Davis said:

A band I wouldn't have given the time of day because I didn't care for there name, but I watched them on Youtube and learned of their involvement with our troops, our veterans and donating the proceeds of one of their vids to the Gary Sinise Foundation for first responders.

Think I understand where they're coming from now.

That "Wrong Side of Heaven" is powerful, moving and way more meaningful than what I was expecting this morning.

Literally the opposite of what made me turn off the boob-tube a while ago.

Thanks & "Rock On" brother!

*Those kids are freakin' great!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Davis said:

Youtube introduced me to these talented musicians.

Give a listen to these kids. Notice their ages. They now have an album out five years later, their original music. From Mexico.

The Warning=Daniela - Guitar - 14 yrs old Paulina - Drums - 12 yrs old Alejandra - Bass Guitar - 9 yrs old

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Think I understand where they're coming from now.

That "Wrong Side of Heaven" is powerful, moving and way more meaningful than what I was expecting this morning.

Literally the opposite of what made me turn off the boob-tube a while ago.

Thanks & "Rock On" brother!

*Those kids are freakin' great!

And that great version of Bad Company. 

I have not even looked at them before either, but I get it now. Thanks

I have seen many of the O'Keefe music foundation and other similar videos, very cool, some of those younger kids can barely reach the instruments.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Your right, I would say this is the last one, and see another while I was listening.

I am using headphones at a computer, I need to see how it sounds on real speakers, some sound well recorded, might be good.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

okay, I know I'm a bit different.  I'd never heard of Evert before and I was looking for videos on Duesenberg guitars (which I absolutely LOVE).  This tone is so super nice. 

A little different, but you should get one anyway. It does sound great.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Duesenberg-USA/Caribou-Semi-Hollow-Electric-Guitar-Narvik-Blue-1370362006368.gc

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dtel said:

A little different, but you should get one anyway. It does sound great.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Duesenberg-USA/Caribou-Semi-Hollow-Electric-Guitar-Narvik-Blue-1370362006368.gc

it's probably next up -- want the rusty steel which is a little more (closer to $4500 last I saw). but, I'm due ... went all of 2019 without a new one.