Need solution for syncing new 48w soundbar.

Atrox81

purchased a 48W soundbar at BestBuy two days ago and having trouble with sound out of sync with streaming tv.  Soundbar is connected with digital optical cable.   TV is sony KDL 52w4100. Apparently no sync controls on tv nor does it see the soundbar as external speakers.  Any thoughts besides taking it back for a different make and model?

Can't say.  Not set up for DVD input.  Prior to the 48W install I was setup with an Onkyo HDX22 system and had no issues but that system was recognized by the TV as an input system and would cut off the TVs internal speakers.  Now using the digital optical cable for the soundbar the internal speakers are still enabled and I have to manually turn them down to 0.  Not sure if this is an issue yet or if it's with the Roku Streaming Stick.  I'll have to spend more time looking at that.    

• 2 weeks later...

Tried that a several times.  I get an follow screen message saying it can't find audio system.  But thanks.  I ended up returning it for something else.  Not because of the sync issue.  After experimenting with various streaming sources I'm pretty sure it's the Youtube TV app and not the sound bar.  No other source had a sync issue including netflix.   I returned it because I wasn't "wowed" by it.  It was a very nice sounding bar but I didn't feel the sound platform was as noticeable as I expected or wanted.