I want new speakers

guf

Just now, Shakeydeal said:

I agree with most of what you are saying. However, I would rather have a speaker that is designed for the room dimensions I have to work with. I have heard systems where the owners have tried to shoehorn a "large" speaker (10 lbs of s*^t in a 5 lb bag?) in a space that's too small. The OPs room just doesn't seem "big speaker friendly". JMHO......

Shakey

I respectfully 100% disagree 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cinema_head said:

Thats what a volume control is for 👍

That's fine if all you listen to is chamber music and "girl with guitar" music. But big speakers exciting room nodes when the volume is cranked to a realistic level is not a fun thing.

Not every speaker works in every instance. Just the way it is.......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

That's fine if all you listen to is chamber music and "girl with guitar" music. But big speakers exciting room nodes when the volume is cranked to a realistic level is not a fun thing.

Don't get me wrong the room imo is as important as the speaker. And needs to be considered always. Bigger high spl speakers like big horn klipsch can make room issues even more important/issue to deal with. But big kpt402 horns can work fine in small or big rooms. But the size of the room and the treatments always need to be considered. 

11 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

I'm late to the game here and I didn't read all the comments by any means, but I really think in that room, heresy placement needs a lot more experimentation.  Those are damn good speakers in my opinion and I could happily live with them as my only speakers, even without a sub.   I'll take a quick look back at what you didn't like as I'm curious now. 

Just now, Westcoastdrums said:

I'm late to the game here and I didn't read all the comments by any means, but I really think in that room, heresy placement needs a lot more experimentation.  Those are damn good speakers in my opinion and I could happily live with them as my only speakers, even without a sub.   I'll take a quick look back at what you didn't like as I'm curious now. 

He likes them a lot but now is thinking "these are the entry level what would bigger ones be like" (not a quote just what i got from it)

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cinema_head said:

He likes them a lot but now is thinking "these are the entry level what would bigger ones be like" (not a quote just what i got from it)

Oh. No, enjoy those speakers! Others may chime in, @jimjimbo may share his thoughts on the heresy IIIs.   I'm telling you they are damn good and if you like them, keep them. They are very impressive speakers IMO, especially in that space from the looks (I can tell by the rack in between and the dog the "scale" ).   Forte IIIs in there will be a mistake IMO with the glare in the upper mid/ lower treble and the spacing in between the speakers being so close will make thay obnoxious.   Cornwalls and larger won't have space in between either.   You have got the right speakers in there IMO unless you really hate them for some reason after placement and or component experimentation. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Others may chime in, @jimjimbo may share his thoughts on the heresy IIIs. 

I do certainly enjoy my H3s, but obviously night and day difference from La Scala.  The H3s are a bit less efficient and are less dynamic and in your face if you will, than LS, especially with live music.  I'd say get the LS and keep the H3s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Heresies are great if you like a loudspeaker that only reproduces down to 50 hz. For some of us, that just isn't good enough.

Going back and reading, it sounds like you do have the room to allow LA scalas space in between speakers.   If you run the 19' wall, is that then 10' of depth?  Guessing based on one pic and room dimensions given. La scalas don't plumb the depths either and would still require a sub for what you claim you want ("below 50 hz").  And you have a sub already.... 

3 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

You don't think the LA scalas would be basically touching each other in that room or only a couple feet apart? 

Bah Humbug!!

In an apartment.... never really let them 'breath'....  but given that AND given the acoustically superior space I had (:emotion-45:) they actually sounded quite fabulous.  For scale, that's (if I recall) a 52/53 inch screen between them.

Ya do what you have to do!!!

apt.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Personally, Forte 3 would be near the bottom of my list.

When I was "shopping",  it was pointed out to me that rear ported/passive will take almost the same floor space as LS considering they need to be away from the wall.

1 minute ago, WillyBob said:

When I was "shopping",  it was pointed out to me that rear ported/passive will take almost the same floor space as LS considering they need to be away from the wall.

Yeah.  At least a couple inches!  But that's all...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

Bah Humbug!!

In an apartment.... never really let them 'breath'....  but given that AND given the acoustically superior space I had (:emotion-45:) they actually sounded quite fabulous.  For scale, that's (if I recall) a 52/53 inch screen between them.

Ya do what you have to do!!!

apt.jpg

Very wise indeed 🤜🤛