I want new speakers

guf

Re arrange the room or don't. You will be fine on both fronts. I have done the flip flop in rooms that were long triangles. It can be good both ways. 10'ish is plenty for La scalas. I have read making an even distance (the distance between the middle of each speakers and the distance where the person is seated away from the speakers to be the same). Im sure this is a good starting point and probably not the best in every case. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

That picture does put things in perspective and the Lascalas could work. I am less enamored of the opening to the right of the room. That's never a good thing. But sometimes you have to make do.

My upstairs is an open floor plan and the acoustics absolutely suck. I'm so glad I don't have to set up a serious music system in that room.

Shakey

i have 2 bass traps on stands that can block the archway for critical listening   I often sit near field and found it less than a problem.  plus i'm lazy to move them all the time. 

Edited by guf

57 minutes ago, guf said:

i have 2 bass traps on stands that can block the archway for critical listening   I often sit near field and found it less than a problem.  plus i'm lazy to move them all the time. 

Sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on your room's acoustics and limitations. That's a good place to be. Most people never fully understand how the room contributes to the final result, or what to do to improve it.

Shakey

• Like 2

On 6/11/2019 at 5:43 AM, twinkle toes said:

your not going to notice much difference if at all, they all have the same house sound.

To say you are not going to notice the difference between the sound the old squawker and tweeter of the older(used) heritage models and the K402 on the Jubilee is non sense. Or you are deaf.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, WillyBob said:

My set up is quite humble compared to most.... '76 LS and H/K 630

The old HK twin powered receivers sound great, I love that sound, we use one for Cornwalls. 

You need to build yourself a nice little sub one day, it does not need to be crazy just to add a little bottom end to the Lascalas especially at low volume. You could connect it into that HK with rca connectors. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, dtel said:

The old HK twin powered receivers sound great, I love that sound, we use one for Cornwalls. 

You need to build yourself a nice little sub one day, it does not need to be crazy just to add a little bottom end to the Lascalas especially at low volume. You could connect it into that HK with rca connectors. 

The tape out work great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now that I think of it the tape out wouldn't work for this. It would be a set volume and would only work if you were able to turn the volume up or down from a source. Like I use to have one of the first denon cd players that had a volume control. I chained amps with the tape outs and set all the amps at about 1 o'clock and used the cd volume. 

• Like 3