I want new speakers

guf

6 hours ago, Emile said:

Ok; one more suggestion on speakers.  Start looking at some pro speakers like the KPT-904's with the K-510 horns.  Unfortunately they are "ugly."  A better solution might be @MenloBob's  KLF-510's ... K-510 horns with dual 15" woofers ... they would fit the space perfectly (rough size guess is 16Wx46Hx12D) :D and give you better sound than LS's or Khorns.

IMG_1414.thumb.jpg.c23c906634ba7a22ed0f1704cf2df703.jpg

For the "build" threat, see 

UGLY!

152234.jpg

• Haha 2

The LSs are really really nice (so are the 904s). Big sound with no effort its very similar. I have them in different rooms so like I said before comparing them from whats better is imposable. With how similar they are, and that room matters to much to ever ignore. With that said this is my first bass horn home speaker. In this room the sound of bass of the ls is more impressive than the 904s (not using a sub). A lot more sound wise imo (bigger, and of course a lot cleaner). They both run out of gas around 50hz. The 904s have no reason to be used lower being they are meant to be behind a screen and always with subs anyways. But the room could be a big part of this.

After I was selling things, getting ready to sell my home, and had all my subs sold. I moved 2 904s upstairs and ran them with no sub for many hours. Again different rooms (with 100% same gear I'm using now), but I did get a ton of time running them with no sub. 

The ls are more expensive and your paying for more than just performance. Brand new klipsch pro has no equal I've ever seen. But used heritage is hilariously good. Almost syfy like imo. 

• 2 weeks later...

I can say that you and your friend have a wonderful taste for audio systems and all the speakers are really awesome. They provide amazing sound and it’s definitely hard to pick one of them. I’d advise you listening to all of them at a store and selecting the one you like the most. And if you can’t decide even after this, read reviews on the Web. I always do so when I need to choose some tools for activities and the information on this website often helps me.

Back to the OP's original question. 

I would not worry about the space for big speakers. You would be surprised how good a Jubilee can sound in a small room.

Pictured is a pair of Jubilees (behind a facade). The width of the room is 12 feet and the ceiling is 8 ft. The couch is far enough back to create a 45 deg listening angle (I actually prefer closer - i.e. a larger angle). They sound great. Yeah, you barely notice them when you walk in the room ..... well, I barely notice them.

The important outcome is that you would have Jubilees. They are all that everyone claims they are. The price (new) is less than that of the new Klipschorns. The ones that are on the used market  are an absolute steal. Just show some creativity on how you might dress them up. There are many, and varied approaches to do this.

Good luck,

-Tom

IMG_2478.JPG

• Like 5

7 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

Back to the OP's original question. 

I would not worry about the space for big speakers. You would be surprised how good a Jubilee can sound in a small room.

Pictured is a pair of Jubilees (behind a facade). The width of the room is 12 feet and the ceiling is 8 ft. The couch is far enough back to create a 45 deg listening angle (I actually prefer closer - i.e. a larger angle). They sound great. Yeah, you barely notice them when you walk in the room ..... well, I barely notice them.

The important outcome is that you would have Jubilees. They are all that everyone claims they are. The price (new) is less than that of the new Klipschorns. The ones that are on the used market  are an absolute steal. Just show some creativity on how you might dress them up. There are many, and varied approaches to do this.

Good luck,

-Tom

IMG_2478.JPG

Well played Tom 👍

I think thats the first pic I recall seeing of your room/Jub. Pretty cool indeed!

I do have to disagree on one point however.... If I walked into that room I'd turn into the Flash, and instantly be standing in front of one of those. Talking really fast asking questions (probably a bunch in a row never giving you a chance to answer any). Head bouncing around trying to see whats behind those 🤭

Speakers are the first thing I look for walking into a new room. My head does a 360 as I look around 🙄.  

5 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

No matter how insignificant the speakers I see might appear.. I still end up a few inches away looking at them. Admittedly I have seen my share of some very confused "is he ok?" looks on faces.

When I worked in Florida, I had the Jubilee's in the living room / dining room.  Called the cable TV people to come get cable installed.  They had to do some tinkering & wiring.  There were two guys.

I had the music playing pretty low.  One guy had his face in/at the wall doing some wiring.  Other guy walked in from outside....walked around the room...  stopped COLD...  nearly stuck his head INSIDE the K402 & said "Hey brad....  these aren't shelves....this is where the SOUND is coming from !!!!"

In fact, if you care....  it was the left speaker!:emotion-29:

apt.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

When I worked in Florida, I had the Jubilee's in the living room / dining room.  Called the cable TV people to come get cable installed.  They had to do some tinkering & wiring.  There were two guys.

I had the music playing pretty low.  One guy had his face in/at the wall doing some wiring.  Other guy walked in from outside....walked around the room...  stopped COLD...  nearly stuck his head INSIDE the K402 & said "Hey brad....  these aren't shelves....this is where the SOUND is coming from !!!!"

In fact, if you care....  it was the left speaker!:emotion-29:

apt.jpg

After my above ^ Flash comment. I would have stoped working and sat down..... (With a huge grin) Break time!