You Know You're Getting Old When...

mungkiman

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TFR1 said:

When you find 60 year old women attractive.😍

Or when you would rather a 40 year old over a 20 year old.

When the wife sees me looking at a young girl she says you like that "go for it", I usually say do I look like I want to hang out at the mall?

But really what I hear is like Clint Eastwood said, " you feel lucky punk".

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

when things we bought brand new are now vintage.

Worse than that -- we bought them new and put them on the shelf, unopened, for so long that they deteriorated to rubbish.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Isn't that why you grew it in the first place?

Well...yes and no...shaving laziness and having had a kinda "baby face" when much younger was the original reason.....and after I finally retired from the military a few years back, growing one was shaving laziness combined with fewer needs for bits of toilet paper all over my face due to shaving cuts!  LOL!  The benefit of having a beard as a "brain-housing-group-camouflage-cover" Had always been a part of the equation, though!😂  Nobody wants to be scorned as a public eye-sore, after all!  They tear down buildings for that, ya'know??😉

You don't have to buy new stuff because the old stuff you have owned for so long has come back into style. This actually happened to me when the firm was having a party at an outdoor bar and one of the kids here said look at Mr. Schaffer with the hip new sunglasses, I then told him they were older then he was. Tortoise shell Ray Bans, I guess they never really go out of style.

23 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

. . . bits of toilet paper all over my face due to shaving cuts!

Back in the day (~1970) two friends went to pick up their dates at a sorority house.  One friend neglected to remind the other to remove the bits of toilet paper from his face before greeting his blind date.   She wasn’t actually blind; if she were, the paper bits wouldn’t have been a problem.

OBTW, bumped (literally) into Gloria Steinem (85) at the airport.  She looked pretty good to this septuagenarian.  She’s tall and trim and was wearing black jeans and a black denim jacket.  I should look so good in 15 years.

• Haha 1