You Know You're Getting Old When...

mungkiman

• Moderators
1 hour ago, mungkiman said:

...when you hurt yourself bowling.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Nah...when you hurt yourself watching bowling.

Even worse when you wake up with something new hurting.

I woke up with one with my arm hanging out of the bed wrong, hurt for over a week.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bigdnfay1 said:

What upsets me the most is when someone calls me "SIR".

that's a kick in the gut, isn't it?

first time I heard it I think my OOOPH was audible

my appearance does not inspire "Sir" comments now.

anyone remember BullDurham tobacco?  little cloth bag that insures a stale product.  Gets/got so dry [here] that it converts to snuff. Not the "pinch between your cheek and gum" stuff.

another one

discounts on new cars being 5X what we paid for our first new car.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Once upon a time we built a "belly wheel" for a retiree who had a big gut hanging.  Just a truss like support with a pipe & wheel attached to it.  Was hilarious watching his reaction when he was opening his gifts.  He's since passed and I ran into his good looking daughter a couple weeks ago and she said "Dad would want you to have his belly wheel I think.  I'll drop it off sometime!"  Well it was my idea but...   😰

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Bigdnfay1 said:

What upsets me the most is when someone calls me "SIR".

That's nothing, last year we were in Galveston Tx late one night and the only place open to eat was a Whataberger. We went in. It was very busy being about the only place open and we were about 3rd in line and the girl behind the counter looked around everybody in front of us and asked me if I wanted my free senior citizen drink. :huh: I didn't know what to say, I just stood there, I had never been asked anything like that before and the wife says well answer the girl, I laughed and said I guess so?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, dtel said:

... the girl behind the counter looked around everybody in front of us and asked me if I wanted my free senior citizen drink. :huh:

Around here they just give me the senior citizen discount without even asking. 😨 I didn't think that it was so obvious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Edgar said:

I didn't think that it was so obvious.

I know, I guess it was easy for her, she was probably under 25 and I look like a dinosaur to her. 

• Like 1