You Know You're Getting Old When...

mungkiman

I forgot what this thread is about

• Haha 1

When your hearing test is done and you realize that you've been giving advice and touting what tweeters are the best and you can't hear anything over 7000 anyway. 
Right on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So... I just turned 70. This past Christmas we were in the Philippines, ... got a harcut while we were there.
20181229_111837.thumb.jpg.d0714ab4bfec60342bd1c34deecb5925.jpg
Lookin sharp Marvel. Where at in the Philippines?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve, my last electric was a Godin LP90 and had the best intonation and feel. I bought it used for $350. Was a great guitar but I just didn't need it. One of my favorites was a Gibson ES-140 like the one shown below (it's not mine). Only paid $100 for it including the brown case with pink lining. The body is about the size of an LP but a hollowbody. About a 3/4 scale neck.

I would love one of the new Taylor Grand Pacific 717 or 517 round shoulder models.

godin_lp90_01.jpg

godin_lp90_02.jpg

godin_lp90_03.jpg

s-l500.jpg

• Like 1

Do you ever give a cashier an odd extra amount, so your change will be an even $10 or $20 or whatever?  That used to be a routine thing to do, but it baffles most modern cashiers.  I even had a late-twenties, likely university-educated man on the cash at a bookstore tell me, “I can’t do negative math this late in the day.”   Apparently, subtraction is now called negative math...

You know you’re old when you pick up your Dark Side of the Moon LP and realize that you bought it 46 years ago.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/15/2019 at 8:27 PM, BigStewMan said:

I have a few left that i really just want ... replace the Tele that i got rid of; a 12 string Taylor or Guild; Rickenbacker, and a Duesenberg.  Of all those on my list ... the Duesenberg is the most costly. 

Sure, it’s costly, but it’s a Duesie!  That’s where the later “It’s a doozy!” expression came from.  A Duesenberg car was always very special.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TasDom said:

When your son says...

"Dad, tell me about the day's when you had to buy the entire album to listen to one song''

13788634_f520.jpg

Not totally true. I started out purchasing 45 rpm singles with my part time job after grammer school like ~ 47 years ago. Years later i progressed to vinyl albums. 45 rpm had two sides, two singles, and used a yellow plastic center insert to play on a turntable or portable stereo (my older sister's).

50 minutes ago, mr clean said:

When you see what concert tickets cost now to watch a bunch of old folks. I saw AC/DC and Molly Hatchet for 7.50! Thats one good thing. We saw all the great bands on the cheap and could smoke pot during the show! 

Boy you know it! I paid $8 to maybe $30 over the many years for concerts. I haven't been to a designated concert in 15+ years. But I have searched ticket prices for recent shows and you can pay $300 per ticket today easily. Lowest i have seen recently is like $70 per ticket, major band or artist.