You Know You're Getting Old When...

mungkiman

9 hours ago, dtel said:

The good thing is when trouble starts they look at the old guy last. You can get away with much more if your old, no one pays attention to you as a trouble maker. :emotion-21:

Yes, looking older can help at times.  A buddy of mine told me that when a cop pulls him over for speeding on his sportbike, the cop’s attitude changes as soon as my friend removes his helmet, and reveals his head of grey hair.  He suddenly gets respect.  That definitely helps.

Of course, it can go the other way, too.  Back when I was nearing forty, I was chatting up a young co-worker at a table in the lunchroom.  She would have been in her early twenties.  I thought things were going well, until she said, “I know somebody from your generation!”

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, veloceleste said:

We went to Fleetwood Mac concert a few years ago and my 30 something nephew came with us. I told him not to worry, all the pot he smelled was medicinal!

Man I miss those days :)  Nothing like live music, a nice buzz, and the crowd rocking.

Dave Matthew Band live was my favorite, before Leroi died and they fired Boyd. They had it goin on!

Robert Plant and Jimmy Page live was pretty magical too. About 25 years ago. Page on guitar is something to behold, his double neck 6 and 12 string rig.

Edit: 3/11/1995 - Plant and Page, UNO Lakefront Arena. I was there.

• Like 1

The one old saying I hate saying but as I get older, it's sad but it's true. My dad and grandfather both said it and I never thought much of it at 22, but, at 52, holds more validity now.  Especially since my wife's 49 year old brother dropped dead yesterday afternoon...although he lived a very, very rough life and went out the same way he'd lived it.

"You know you're getting older when you go to more funerals than birthday parties".

On 6/11/2019 at 12:26 AM, dtel said:

When you walk into a room and forget what you went for.

Lately I have changed to a different browser tab to google something I just read, and forget what is was before google finishes loading.

5 hours ago, Oicu812 said:

Lately I have changed to a different browser tab to google something I just read, and forget what is was before google finishes loading.

That just means your Internet connection is too slow.