You Know You're Getting Old When...

mungkiman

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Edgar said:
1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

The only time you drive home at 3am to 5am anymore is when you've been visiting at the hosp (tips hat smiley)!

... or the emergency room. 🙁

Went to the doctor a few days ago, blood work and general things. You should have seen her face when she asked when did you see a doctor last and I told her a few years ago when the removed my appendix besides that about 40 years ago except for a dermatologist.

I am sure they will do there best to find something wrong with me and prescribe something.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, dtel said:

Went to the doctor a few days ago, blood work and general things. You should have seen her face when she asked when did you see a doctor last and I told her a few years ago when the removed my appendix besides that about 40 years ago except for a dermatologist.

I am sure they will do there best to find something wrong with me and prescribe something.

Darnit @dtel they do that with me too... latest was my GI told me my platelets were low and it's important I see a hematologist. Nice Indian gal Dr. pulls up my lab history with transplant lab. Says look here your platelets have been low since 2007.    2007? it's freaking 2019 today! She told me to quit taking some important supplements that I told her I've taken for less than five years. Early 2007 had chemo and radiation, chemo didn't agree with my heart so they took me off it the second day.  That is what screwed my platelets. So why's it all important twelve years later????

They want all my $ the greedy bas*%rds

Bill the Cat would say: PFFTTT!

Maybe I'll take theirs for not telling me for twelve years <_<$$$

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, dtel said:

It's there job to find something wrong, or at least guess at it.

I know what is going to be next, they will want to stick something up where I would rather not.

They're not sticking something up my whatsit...

• Haha 3

On 6/19/2019 at 3:52 PM, billybob said:

Them young whippersnappers...

At least I got a pot to **** in...

And a window to throw it out of?  Those young folks have a really hard time to buy their own window (and the house that's attached to it).

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2019 at 7:37 PM, dtel said:

It's there job to find something wrong, or at least guess at it.

I know what is going to be next, they will want to stick something up where I would rather not.

You will be unconscious, it is really NBD. The night before prep is much worse.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 12:34 AM, Islander said:

And a window to throw it out of?  Those young folks have a really hard time to buy their own window (and the house that's attached to it).

They sure do...all for them here.. ., thanks

12 minutes ago, dtel said:

I would rather be unconscious if I have to do it at all. 

Would be preferred although, awoke very briefly to see monitor during routine . ..Abit nonemotioal of course...like watching an aeroplane mobile as a child moving above your crib...full of wonder...

• Moderators
10 hours ago, billybob said:

full of wonder

That can be the worst part sometimes.

She wants to see what the blood work says, if that causes any flags. 

Everything is just the beginning to the end in one way or another.

My brother worked with a bunch of young folks at a grocery store...he was the manager. He said one day they were talking about comedy movies and he mentioned Animal House. Everyone just stood and stared at him ... they claimed they’d never even heard of it. He said he walked away feeling very old. 

• Sad 1