You Know You're Getting Old When...

mungkiman

On 6/28/2019 at 5:51 PM, DizRotus said:

I try to stop myself before comparing a situation to this scene from Five Easy Pieces.  I got tired of the blank stares.

On 6/28/2019 at 6:40 PM, DizRotus said:

But do you remember it from the day?

I, for one, remember it from the day (1970, Alexandria Theater, San Francisco, with Annie).

I love that scene.  That kind of thing happens in real life; I always wondered if the writers were familiar with Paul Goodman's diary,  Five Years - Notes During a Worthless Time, (published before Five Easy Pieces) in which Goodman, a New Yorker, orders a root beer float somewhere in the Deep South.  The guy behind the counter said, "We don't make those."  Goodman orders a bowl of vanilla ice cream and a glass of root beer.  Just as he is spooning the ice cream into the root beer glass, it is snatched away.  The guy says, "I know what you're doing, you Northerners." (or was it " you Yankees?").

7 hours ago, fastpuce271 said:

soon I wont even need a barber....

For the last few years, every barber asks if I want my eyebrows trimmed.  I always say Yes, because they can do a better job than I can do in the mirror.  

Also, overgrown eyebrows yell SENIOR CITIZEN!

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Islander said:

For the last few years, every barber asks if I want my eyebrows trimmed.  I always say Yes, because they can do a better job than I can do in the mirror.  

Also, overgrown eyebrows yell SENIOR CITIZEN!

Yes I do my brows nowadays...look like Breshnev otherwise.. Cannot quite get the hang of doing my tail...gave a dude the other day scissors and free rein to clip it 3 inches after my rubber band, he freaked on me ...guess will have to find a redneck with a sharp knife.. offer a beer in thanks...true but sad...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes I do my brows nowadays...look like Breshnev otherwise.. Cannot quite get the hang of doing my tail...gave a dude the other day scissors and free rein to clip it 3 inches after my rubber band, he freaked on me ...guess will have to find a redneck with a sharp knife.. offer a beer in thanks...true but sad...

Just go to a salon, where they cut both men's and ladies' hair, and you should be able to get a good job done.  Spoil yourself and get a shampoo at the same time.  Sure, it'll cost more than a barbershop, but they'll know how to trim or cut long hair.

• Thanks 1

Like I said in the beginning of this thread, go to a woman beautician for satisfaction...a man can pamper themselves also. It is called the male or men' s perogotive...ever since women's lib, have been exercising my perogotive.. only fair...

2 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Heck I've been using the same good-looking chick for 25 years.  I just call and ask when I can schedule Joy for a lap dance.  They know RIGHT away who it is and what's going on!  :)

Looking like you have been exercising your perogotive for sometime... now 😚

• 2 months later...