Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
mungkiman

You Know You're Getting Old When...

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, billybob said:

You ask the Doctor at the mental hospital how do folk end up there?

Doc says very simple really. I have a patient conduct a simple test. I show them a bathtub full of water.

They are given a tablespoon a pail, and a mop.Then asked what to use to empty the tub, asked which item they would use...

I would say the tablespoon if I was getting paid to empty it by the hour.ūü•Ą

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, billybob said:

They are given a tablespoon a pail, and a mop.Then asked what to use to empty the tub, asked which item they would use...

 

I believe I'd use the drain plug.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dtel said:

The good thing is when trouble starts they look at the old guy last. You can get away with much more if your old, no one pays attention to you as a trouble maker. :emotion-21:

 

Yes, looking older can help at times.  A buddy of mine told me that when a cop pulls him over for speeding on his sportbike, the cop’s attitude changes as soon as my friend removes his helmet, and reveals his head of grey hair.  He suddenly gets respect.  That definitely helps.

 

Of course, it can go the other way, too. ¬†Back when I was nearing forty, I was chatting up a young co-worker¬†at a table in the lunchroom. ¬†She would have been in her early twenties. ¬†I thought things were going well, until she said, ‚ÄúI know somebody from your generation!‚ÄĚ

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On June 17, 2019 at 11:59 AM, mr clean said:

When you see what concert tickets cost now to watch a bunch of old folks. I saw AC/DC and Molly Hatchet for 7.50! Thats one good thing. We saw all the great bands on the cheap and could smoke pot during the show! 

We went to Fleetwood Mac concert a few years ago and my 30 something nephew came with us. I told him not to worry, all the pot he smelled was medicinal!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, veloceleste said:

We went to Fleetwood Mac concert a few years ago and my 30 something nephew came with us. I told him not to worry, all the pot he smelled was medicinal!

 

Man I miss those days :)  Nothing like live music, a nice buzz, and the crowd rocking.

 

Dave Matthew Band live was my favorite, before Leroi died and they fired Boyd. They had it goin on!

 

Robert Plant and Jimmy Page live was pretty magical too. About 25 years ago. Page on guitar is something to behold, his double neck 6 and 12 string rig.

 

Edit: 3/11/1995 - Plant and Page, UNO Lakefront Arena. I was there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Edgar said:

 

I believe I'd use the drain plug.

That answer saved the Doctor the

Opportunity to offer me a bed by a

window. I got it wrong...

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Them young whippersnappers...

At least I got a pot to **** in...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't claim to be wasting money on deodorant, probably spending it on man bun holders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dtel said:

Can't claim to be wasting money on deodorant, probably spending it on man bun holders.

Is that a BBQ term?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope not, but on the North end of bourbon street it means something completely different.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dtel said:

I hope not, but on the North end of bourbon street it means something completely different.

Ewww

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Ewww

Yes to that and the man bunn.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one old saying I hate saying but as I get older, it's sad but it's true. My dad and grandfather both said it and I never thought much of it at 22, but, at 52, holds more validity now.  Especially since my wife's 49 year old brother dropped dead yesterday afternoon...although he lived a very, very rough life and went out the same way he'd lived it.

 

"You know you're getting older when you go to more funerals than birthday parties".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, avguytx said:

The one old saying I hate saying but as I get older, it's sad but it's true. My dad and grandfather both said it and I never thought much of it at 22, but, at 52, holds more validity now.  Especially since my wife's 49 year old brother dropped dead yesterday afternoon...although he lived a very, very rough life and went out the same way he'd lived it.

 

"You know you're getting older when you go to more funerals than birthday parties".

condolences regarding your brother in law. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 12:26 AM, dtel said:

When you walk into a room and forget what you went for.

 

 

 

Lately I have changed to a different browser tab to google something I just read, and forget what is was before google finishes loading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...