FINALLY!! A garage system!!

Mighty Favog

Came across a pair of KG4's for $50. Oiled oak cabs are a mess, grills are o.k. (one of the badges is perfect) and surrounds are fine. Not sure if I'm gonna recap em'. Paired them up with a Technics SA404 I've had in storage and a Sony RDR-GX315 that someone just flat out gave me at last year's Midwest Audio Fest in Springboro, OH (No remote but who cares).

I'll be putting them on top of the cabinets to get em' out of the way.

If anything, I look at it as saving $550 as the plan was to someday get a pair CA800T's mounted on the back wall.

IMG_20190611_103232.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mighty Favog said:

If anything, I look at it as saving $550 as the plan was to someday get a pair CA800T's mounted on the back wall.

Now that sounds like my wife, "but look what I saved" while spending money.  LOL  Nothing wrong with a bargain at all.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I always use "look what I saved" when it comes to the garage. How do you think I can justify owning an old landcruiser and some older BMW's.... When I rebuilt the steering knuckles on the landcruiser I mentioned that I saved $2k since I didn't have to hire it out.

The same logic can be applied to audio equipment, its all about setting expectations high and coming in below budget. When your significant other thinks you will be spending $500 on something all of the sudden $100 seems like a bargain!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, rplace said:

Nice! That garage is way too clean, OCD?

One of my favorite quotes is "Keep thy shop and thy shop shall keep thee." - Ben Franklin

But then again, a clean desk is a sign of a sick mind. 😁

So,  I would say this is the finished product.....but you just KNOW there's more tweeking to come.

Should have been there to see all 138 lbs. of me shouldering 40lbs. of speaker up a ladder to get it on those shelves. 😥😥

IMG_20190612_170941.jpg

• Like 2