Kreepy Klipsch

Mallette

He's BAAACK...

Privileged to a sneak preview of the remasterd "Legend of Boggy Creek" courtesy of the lovely and passionate Pamula Pierce Barcelou as we put the finishing touches on the lavishly illustrated 30 page official program this morning. Visually and acoustically, it will scare the pants off you and ensure that, when driving old 71 around Fouke at night, you have a full tank of gas and your car is in good order.

It is clear that Charles B. Pierce may have begun this modestly and learned as he went, but he was NEVER an amateur. His groundbreaking work in docudrama established a genre and made this film a true classic with devoted fans all over the world. This is a great event and there are plenty of showings...but get there early because if history repeats itself there WILL be a line at every showing. The sound will be provided by Klipsch KI-396 speakers supported by a massive 1802 subwoofer courtesy of Klipsch Group, Inc and the Klipsch Museum of Audio History. Setup and tuning of the system by Paul W. Klipsch's former chief engineer Jim Hunter. Hold on to your seats, and your lunch!

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/news/features/story/2019/jun/07/remastered-legend-boggy-creek-premieres-next-weekend-perot/781896/

https://joebobbriggs.net/the-last-drive-in-exclusive-the-belle-of-the-bog-pt-1/

The Legend of Boggy Creek Original Oil on Canvas 26x40.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back in the 60's, some of my high school and college friends and I hunted and fished around Fouke occasionally. I've seen the movie, but I've never actually seen the monster, or at least I don't think some of the unseen things we heard and thought we saw as movement was the monster itself! However, we had several night time encounters with something that we couldn't completely explain!!!!! 😳

Geeze, my mom & dad would not let me go see that when it came out. None of the others around here either, those grown-ups conspired against us!

One of the kids a grade older than me got to go, his folks let him see The Exorcist too! Hope it comes around this fall, I'd go to a movie for the first time since the 90s!

18 hours ago, Buck115 said:

Back in the 60's, some of my high school and college friends and I hunted and fished around Fouke occasionally. I've seen the movie, but I've never actually seen the monster, or at least I don't think some of the unseen things we heard and thought we saw as movement was the monster itself! However, we had several night time encounters with something that we couldn't completely explain!!!!! 😳

My experience, reposted from Facebook. The place I believe we were is marked with the small round grey pointer. At that time it was near virgin wilderness.

Decided to post this on my timeline as it's real and vivid. Was it the Fouke Monster or a Panther? I don't know as I never saw whatever made a scream in the woods that night that frightened me, my friends, and fearless hunting dogs to our bones. But this is how I described it to Pamula Pierce Barcelou. I met her father before he made the movie when, for reasons I can't recall, he'd visit KTFS radio on Stateline when I worked there about 1970.

I include an image I am certain is within a square mile where the incident I describe occurred. At that time, it was heavily wooded and has since been used as toilet paper. I suspect the beastie, if still around, has moved on. The little grey marker on the lower right of center is what I believe to be the old logging road we were at in 1966.

"Just watched your entire interview with Jeffery Gonzalez. Filled me in on so much I didn't know. I found it fascinating that both of you were speaking of all the stir about the early 70's sightings. Me and my grade school friends were all fully, and largely accurately, aware of the Fouke Monster in the 50s. In about 1966 high school friends and I went hunting in the Artex Hills off what is now Miller County 18 and then a logging road that went into the back woods. To keep this short as I am sure you've heard many such stories, we parked and had all gotten out our vehicles. We had not let the dogs out but where basically getting our shotguns in readiness. "Hunting" then meant anything you could eat, or might eat you. Wolves, rabbits, deer, whatever. We had no fear and were all seasoned woodsmen. We had four massive trained hunting dogs that would have attacked a bear without a thought. They were in an old Chevy with the backseat removed. As we were milling around we heard a scream I cannot describe that felt like it was no more than 20 feet away in the woods that instilled a fear like I never had even confronted with VC in the Vietnam war. Without a word we all began discharging our shotguns in the same general directions. They were all loaded with buckshot or slugs and one simply heard at least 20 or so sequential explosions and the crash of small timber they cut off. It went silent and someone said "Turn loose the dogs, fer chrissake." We opened the back doors and heard nothing but a whimper. Someone shined a flashlight in on them and they were cowering on top of each. The immediate consensus was "Let's get the hell out of here..." which is precisely what we did.

In later times, I decided as a rather scientific type that it was likely a very rare, but potentially possible, panther. Now, I must say I am not so sure."

What did we encounter? I still don't know...but decide for yourselves and consider seeing "The Legend of Boggy Creek" in June. Certainly at least a great story of our region by two legends of our region, Pierce and the beast himself. Both well worth remembering.
Image may contain: plant and outdoor

• Like 1