WTB La Scala in California

guf

10 minutes ago, guf said:

Louder like the the balance is off towards one speaker. I flipper them to make sure it wasn’t my amps or something like the room. The one with the grill still on is louder. Go figure. 

I’m gonna stat another thread to discus some of the suggestions started in my two other threads and figure out my plan of action.

I think he means Louder how. Like more bass, or more everything? Did you ear all the drivers on the quite one (with ear close)? In your new thread post close ups of the row the wires go in on the xo.

Troubleshooting time....

swap the crossovers next...

I think you live near me, Hwy 85/87.  If so, I think I have enough spare parts laying around to swap everything in those to figure out what’s wrong.  PM me if you’d like some help or borrow some components.

If it’s all the drivers in one speaker it has to be the crossover.  But one driver that’s bad or failing will make that speaker quieter also.  Swapping crossovers is fast and easy.  If it follows to the other speaker you have the culprit.  If not it could be a bad or failing driver, turn the music on low enough that you can put your ear to each horn without hurting yourself.  Get a towel and plug one horn while putting your ear to the unplugged one.  You should be able to tell if each is working.  This is just a quick test to see if a diaphragm has failed without putting a meter on them.  I’d ohm each out at some point just to know where each is at.  I can help with some or all of this.  Cornwall’s I bought had a bad tweeter diaphragm, One speaker was quieter and had less highs during testing. Seller dropped the price for me and I replaced the diaphragm, cheap and easy fix. 

• Like 1

It really seems like the tweeter and the mid  are quieter on the quieter speaker. It’s 7-10 dbs different using the meter on my phone. Holding it  right next to the opening. And sitting the phone in side the horn and letting it measure. 

So yeah I can switch the crossovers and see....

i have to say . I switched out my 45 tube amp with my diy ACA which is only 6 watts and it’s really beautiful sounding even with the mid matched levels. I’m super excited.