WTB La Scala in California

guf

How about a beautiful pair of Belles?  local? single owner 1985s. for 2500$ I've read a bunch of La Scala vs Belle comparisons and seems like the La Scalas are a better for me. Curious if any current opinons?

00V0V_hqqvS9quXxN_1200x900.jpg

I have two pair of each Belles and LS. I personally feel that the difference is not noticeable 99% of the time. And if noticeable, not always one superior to the other. The Belle is slightly wider and not as deep. This will help in some applications and hurt in others. Also means the horn (k500) is shorter than the LS (k400). I have also found that most Belles have not lead as hard a life as many LSs. Nature of the beast. My Belles sit comfortably in my living room and lower level, my LSs get dragged around a warehouse, thrown into pickup trucks, blasted outdoors, etc.

Belle are prettier but I like the looks of well cared for LS almost as much. Go listen, offer a little less, but (just guessing) $2500 is not a bad price for your area. I would also assume these have AB crossovers which should be replaced. Listen to them for a while as is, but then make a switch. Whole nuther topic there. Others will jump up and down telling you there is a huge difference but that has not been my experience. (My hearing isn't all that great either but not bad for 60)

Good luck. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, guf said:

How about a beautiful pair of Belles?  local? single owner 1985s. for 2500$ I've read a bunch of La Scala vs Belle comparisons and seems like the La Scalas are a better for me. Curious if any current opinons?

If both speakers look that nice on all surfaces and are fully functional, I would say that's a fair price for the Belles.  If you can find a pair of La Scala in that condition......Should be at least $1000 less, then.......Jackpot!

As far as comparison, I found the Belles to be a bit more laid back, and not as upfront and dynamic as the La Scalas.  I've had two pairs of Belles and sold both to good friends, and still have two sets of La Scalas (and always looking for another pair.....)

• Like 1

Louder like the the balance is off towards one speaker. I flipper them to make sure it wasn’t my amps or something like the room. The one with the grill still on is louder. Go figure. 

I’m gonna stat another thread to discus some of the suggestions started in my two other threads and figure out my plan of action.