Pocket Knife Info

rplace

Seems like everybody collects something. It would be so much easier if everybody just collected speakers.😉

I've got a mountain of pocket knives to go through. this is where I am starting because they are at least all together. Short of looking at each brand, model number, and punching them into eBay. are there any members out there that know a thing or two about pocket knives? And where I might start to move them as a whole lot?

rps20190613_103222.thumb.jpg.b882901eaed38b17eb88b0e1d76b3a86.jpg

rps20190613_103249.thumb.jpg.7de02ba13f8a70fdcd0b30a7b2b2513b.jpg

rps20190613_103401.thumb.jpg.5a7344e1219e80f157fc496c035b9d04.jpg

• Moderators

Looking at the responses it appears you have the market cornered on collecting knives.

I have a few of those from my dad, but just a few in a box and nothing really odd like some of yours.

• Haha 1

you should be able to find on line user/owner groups for most brand name knives where yu can establish an estimated value for some of your knives. Even at groups such as the Spyderco forum you can find much information from members who  collect all sorts of different brands. Wishing you good luck. Keep your favorites or the ones with the most sentimental value to yourself. One knife is never enough and three is way to few. You know how that goes and down the rabbit hole you go. Stay sharp and find a knife with a cork screw!

• Thanks 1

Couple weeks ago, I went to the Brushy Mountain State prison https://tourbrushy.com/

They are closed and have a new prison down the road (went there too.....but that was for work)

Decided to have lunch at the old place as I heard you could do a (self guided) tour.  Ended up doing so and in the dungeon of one of the buildings, was a table chock full of sheaths & stiletto's that the prisoners made and were confiscated.

Your pictures remind me of an organized version of that.

Side note:  If anyone has the ability to see this place it's kind of interesting to hear some of the stories and see how we treated some prisoners at some locations.

I understand this is where James Earl Ray (convicted of murdering Martin Luther King Jr.) stayed until he was moved to Memphis (?) where he died.

I think the scantily clad Swedish bikini team is far more interesting....  unless of course, they are a bunch of DTEL's in a thong.....  Then, I'll take the shiv to my eyes.

:huh:

• Haha 1

Side note for some here...  I just looked around the website for the prison.  Turns out they make some moonshine there

https://brushymoonshine.com/

I don't know if they'll ship it (given I don't drink, I'm pretty ignorant to these things however, I'm guessing there are issues there)

I don't even know if "I" could ship....

So, that said, if someone would like a bottle and we can figure out how to get it to you, I'm happy to go by there to pick it up.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

You wouldn't make it 2 days.

Probably a heart attack, while smiling.

4 hours ago, rplace said:

You mean 2 minutes

But it would be  great 2 minutes.

4 hours ago, Coytee said:

unless of course, they are a bunch of DTEL's in a thong.....  Then, I'll take the shiv to my eyes.

I would do the same, wouldn't want to see it either.

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

image.png.2996516433ac701765c93dbf2291f33e.png

The one in the blue would be fine.

On 6/13/2019 at 10:39 AM, rplace said:

Seems like everybody collects something. It would be so much easier if everybody just collected speakers.😉

I've got a mountain of pocket knives to go through. this is where I am starting because they are at least all together. Short of looking at each brand, model number, and punching them into eBay. are there any members out there that know a thing or two about pocket knives? And where I might start to move them as a whole lot?

rps20190613_103222.thumb.jpg.b882901eaed38b17eb88b0e1d76b3a86.jpg

rps20190613_103249.thumb.jpg.7de02ba13f8a70fdcd0b30a7b2b2513b.jpg

rps20190613_103401.thumb.jpg.5a7344e1219e80f157fc496c035b9d04.jpg

https://www.collectorsweekly.com/tools-and-hardware/folding-and-pocket-knives/stories

On 6/14/2019 at 9:49 PM, dtel said:

Probably a heart attack, while smiling.

But it would be  great 2 minutes.

I would do the same, wouldn't want to see it either.

The one in the blue would be fine.

you have a better chance with this team now..

Pin image