K-55m midrange has a rattle

bkwa1959

Common problem with the 55M, the back plate comes loose and rattles. I fixed mine by putting a small bead of silicone around the edge and pushing it in slightly with my finger all the way around. Once dry, the vibration stopped. There a couple youtube videos showing ways to fix.

Never a bad time to do the gasket either.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

I simply placed a bead of black silicone sealant along the edge of the black plastic cap. That fixed the buzzing problem and has held up for years.

IMG_5068.JPG.d8804e7749fc77d2aa813ec4825c0bdc.JPG

This is exactly what i did on mine 3-4 years ago and it has held up and no signs of the vibration. I used Locktite silicone adhesive caulk. Not sure it that is the best option, but know it works. No need to disassemble anything. You do need to add the washers at the throat of the horn still. Good luck. Hope your fix is as easy as mine was.

I just finished running a small bead of silicone around the backs of both k-55m midranges,the one midrange that rattled was loose and it would move as I turned it from left to right.I would to thank everyone for their help.,I hope this takes care of the problem.The Klipsch forum has been a blessing and a curse,the blessing is seeing that I am not the only one that has an obsession with Klipsch speakers,the curse is before I found this forum I only had a pair of Klipschorns,since finding this site I now have 3 pairs of Klipschorns,3 Lascala II’s,1 pair of Belles,1 pair of Hersey’s and enough parts to completely mod 1 pair of Klipschorns with Volti mods and last year a set of Jubilee clones popped up on the site last year and if the seller would have lived in the US I would have made the 10-12 hour ne way trip to get those.Thanks again to Kornukopia and MookieStl and congratulations to MookieStl on the blues winning the Stanley Cup,I thought the newspaper had jinxed them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:43 PM, bkwa1959 said:

since finding this site I now have 3 pairs of Klipschorns, 3 Lascala II’s,1 pair of Belles,1 pair of Hersey’s …

The Mahogany Klipschorns you picked up a short while back are really beautiful and needed to be with someone who appreciates fine speakers.