Replaced the networks caps and midrange gaskets in my Heresy tonight

wuzzzer

After having the new caps in for a week I can say that I am pleased.  One thing I notice is more detail at lower volumes.  When I run test tones between the speakers they sound identical now.  Before one always sounded a little quieter than the other.  I could also hear a difference when cymbals and high-hats would pan back and forth on various songs.  Just so happened that the quieter one was the one with the leaky and rusty caps.

I guess for the first time doing anything like this on my own I'm pleased with the end results.

Btw, this is the video I looked to for a soldering tutorial:

As luck would have it, they're doing it to a pair of Heresy!

On 6/20/2019 at 11:53 AM, wuzzzer said:

After having the new caps in for a week I can say that I am pleased.  One thing I notice is more detail at lower volumes.  When I run test tones between the speakers they sound identical now.  Before one always sounded a little quieter than the other.  I could also hear a difference when cymbals and high-hats would pan back and forth on various songs.  Just so happened that the quieter one was the one with the leaky and rusty caps.

I guess for the first time doing anything like this on my own I'm pleased with the end results.

Btw, this is the video I looked to for a soldering tutorial:

As luck would have it, they're doing it to a pair of Heresy!

You can't go wrong changing old caps out. Even the cheapest Erse and Dayton poly caps are a big improvement over 30+ year old caps. If you wish  to you can easily spend lots of $$$$$$ and Dueland is my favorite over the top stupid expensive line. https://www.partsconnexion.com/DUELUND-77862.html

Dueland is a great advertisement for MiniDSP which you can use on any speaker.