Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
bharat

Made the leap, couldn't be happier!

Recommended Posts

Hello my new friends!

 

I just made the leap into Klipsch after demoing many different speakers including Paradigm Prestige (am I allowed to say the P word on this forum?!). Anyway I couldn't be happier and look forward to learning more and participating in this community. The speakers are single owner Klipsch Forte II from 1985 that have been cared for very well. They came up for sale at my local Hi-Fi store not too long ago and coincided with the timing for when I was in the market for speakers. The store owner was very patient with me and helped me demo and compare several speaker combinations. Oddly enough I listed to the brand new Forte's side by side to the vintage ones and preferred the sound from the old! Turned out to be cheaper than the new, and that was an added bonus (I would have bought these over the new even if they were more expensive). My turntable is a 1200 Technics and amplifier is a Marantz PM 5005. I am in the market for a tube amp as I am curious to know what the Klipsch's sound like with that type of an amp. 

 

Biggest hurdle in this purchase was convincing my wife that the speakers weren't too 'big' and wouldn't ruin the look of the room. They are relegated in my office / study room for now, but my grand plan is to slowly but surely move them into our large living room. Once I am successful with that then I can think of further upgrading to some of the more impressive Klipsch speakers!

 

Thanks!

 

Bharat

 

 

Klipsch3-min.jpg

Klipsch1-min.jpg

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum.  If she thinks that they're to big, just wait until you've had a chance to do some reading on this forum.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Bharat, great speakers you have there, congrats. If you can, you might try spreading them apart some, might sound even better. Playing with placement can be fun and the sound difference is usually noticeable.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

congratulations on your new to you Forte ll. I am curious about your choice between the Forte ll and the Forte lll and what made you decide to choose the older design? What were the key qualities which made you choose the Forte ll over the Forte lll?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pete H said:

If she thinks that they're to big, just wait until you've had a chance to do some reading on this forum

Haha ... yes; "had" Forte's ... replaced them with CF-3's and KPT-904's :D  The improvement in sound was great enough for my wife to allow them in the house :) 

BTW @bharat , welcome :) 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats and welcome!

Wives are interesting creatures. Mine likes my big black LaScalas. She not a music fan.. she likes the looks.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, moray james said:

 I am curious about your choice between the Forte ll and the Forte lll and what made you decide to choose the older design? What were the key qualities which made you choose the Forte ll over the Forte lll?

 

I would guess the three thousand dollar price difference? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bharat said:

Hello my new friends!

 

I just made the leap into Klipsch after demoing many different speakers including Paradigm Prestige (am I allowed to say the P word on this forum?!). Anyway I couldn't be happier and look forward to learning more and participating in this community. The speakers are single owner Klipsch Forte II from 1985 that have been cared for very well. They came up for sale at my local Hi-Fi store not too long ago and coincided with the timing for when I was in the market for speakers. The store owner was very patient with me and helped me demo and compare several speaker combinations. Oddly enough I listed to the brand new Forte's side by side to the vintage ones and preferred the sound from the old! Turned out to be cheaper than the new, and that was an added bonus (I would have bought these over the new even if they were more expensive). My turntable is a 1200 Technics and amplifier is a Marantz PM 5005. I am in the market for a tube amp as I am curious to know what the Klipsch's sound like with that type of an amp. 

 

Biggest hurdle in this purchase was convincing my wife that the speakers weren't too 'big' and wouldn't ruin the look of the room. They are relegated in my office / study room for now, but my grand plan is to slowly but surely move them into our large living room. Once I am successful with that then I can think of further upgrading to some of the more impressive Klipsch speakers!

 

Thanks!

 

Bharat

 

 

Congrats,and so it begins,I'm at the point of a tube amp and a solid state set or three with a couple of turntables and a set of Klipschorns and KG4's among other speakers.

I had to build a bigger house to make it all fly with the wife.😂

Good luck and happy listening! 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pete H said:

Welcome to the forum.  If she thinks that they're to big, just wait until you've had a chance to do some reading on this forum.  

I was thinking of posting pics of my La Scalas! Talk about BIG and BOXY! :-)

John Kuthe...

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JohnKuthe said:

I was thinking of posting pics of my La Scalas! Talk about BIG and BOXY! 🙂

Haha ... mine are bigger than yours :D 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Pete H said:

Welcome to the forum.  If she thinks that they're to big, just wait until you've had a chance to do some reading on this forum.  

Oh I have realized that very quick! Those Cornwalls man! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Welcome Bharat, great speakers you have there, congrats. If you can, you might try spreading them apart some, might sound even better. Playing with placement can be fun and the sound difference is usually noticeable.

Thanks Ceptorman. Took your advice and man what a difference! Also takes me a while depending on type of music I'm listening to do get the bass and treble settings on my amplifier dialed in just right.  Between these two factors (speaker positioning and amp controls) I find I am able to have a totally different listening experience. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, moray james said:

congratulations on your new to you Forte ll. I am curious about your choice between the Forte ll and the Forte lll and what made you decide to choose the older design? What were the key qualities which made you choose the Forte ll over the Forte lll?

I have to qualify by saying I am new to Klipsch and do not know all the technical details and differences between the Forte II and III. I found the Forte III to be brighter - played through the same exact amplifier and also same track on CD. I preferred the slightly warmer sound from the Forte II. I think it just came down to personal preference at the end. Would be curious to get your thoughts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Emile said:

Haha ... yes; "had" Forte's ... replaced them with CF-3's and KPT-904's :D  The improvement in sound was great enough for my wife to allow them in the house :) 

BTW @bharat , welcome :) 

Haha Thanks Emile! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jjptkd said:

 

I would guess the three thousand dollar price difference? 

 

12 hours ago, jjptkd said:

 

I would guess the three thousand dollar price difference? 

Actually not the case. I was prepared to shell out the extra $$ for the Forte III, but I actually preferred the sound from these II that I ended up going with. I paid $1800 (i know this seems high) for the Forte II, the new III were running around $3800ish I believe, so approximately $2000 more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @bharat

you don't have to spend megabucks for a nice system.

My budget was set at $2000.  I have acquired a pair of LaScala, a nice solid state amp, a CD player and am shopping for a sub with the $500 left in the budget.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, y2keglide said:

 

haha! Why do I have a feeling I am going down the same path as you?!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Hi @bharat

you don't have to spend megabucks for a nice system.

My budget was set at $2000.  I have acquired a pair of LaScala, a nice solid state amp, a CD player and am shopping for a sub with the $500 left in the budget.

Wow! Thanks WillyBob. I envision spending a lot more time at my local Hi-Fi store and also scouring the interwebs for equipment! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...