Yes, it's Golf.....get over it.

jimjimbo

Oh yes, that 3rd round yesterday was something to see, just amazing shots and talent exhibit.  Woodland holed a 42.5' putt, that was crazy. I'm pulling for Justin Rose to come thru, really classy guy, great skill, always pretty humble in his interviews. Any of those top 6 or 8 could win it today. I'll be watching 1300 CST. Visited Pebble Beach/17 Mile Drive in Oct 1989, just a stunning golf course. Cannot imagine living there right on the course. Mega bucks. I have pics I took back then of deer on the greens @ dusk.

• Like 1

I am OK with golf. I don't play.

Having worked in the "sports" arena, I can appreciate golfers. They will pay a premium price to play a course that will.... um, let's say "humble the best" and come off saying what a great time it was.

I worked in bowling.

self censored....

It is different. How's that?

30 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I am OK with golf. I don't play.

Having worked in the "sports" arena, I can appreciate golfers. They will pay a premium price to play a course that will.... um, let's say "humble the best" and come off saying what a great time it was.

I worked in bowling.

self censored....

It is different. How's that?

I don't play golf either, but i do appreciate the pros massive talent. To do what they do with a golf ball is mind boggling. I'm a bowling guy too, i bowled league for about 20 years, and a lot of practice games for fun and exercise. At one time I could rent a lane for like $7 an hour and bowl 6-10 games. Now its like $7 a game at a local center. I really enjoyed it, don't bowl any more tho. I miss it. I still watch all the PBA events broadcast on tv. They are massively talented too. Pretty much any world professional athletes (whatever sport) are the cream of the crop, the best of the best. Pro golf is pretty amazing tho, athletes from all over the earth, and what they can execute. I just never had the good hand/eye coordination for golf, I tried briefly as a teenager.

I actually ended up playing 27 holes the day I was there, because the weather was so awful that we went back to the clubhouse after 9 holes, then started again on #1.  I played with 3 members of the club who were just wonderful people and they tolerated and endorsed my taking photos on just about every hole.  I'll have to dig them out and look at them again.  I hit two of the best shots of my life there that day....certainly memorable.

I'm pulling for Justin Rose too.  Very personable guy.  Should be great to watch.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Late father in law played there and left his clubs leaning against the car when he went into the club house.  He came back in a few minutes and they were gone😑

That's pretty damned sad. Me and the ex wife visited Cali in Oct 1989, and it took 6 months to get Cali out of my mind. We both wanted to sell and move to Cali, but we got beyond that. So much to do, sports, entertainment, natural beauty, the Pacific. We hit a lot of the sights from Long Beach to Monterey, lots of museums and art galleries. The Hearst Castle sticks in my mind, its amazing. A few negatives too, the traffic even back in 1989 was super bad on the 405 freeway thru LA, and the price of real estate. And gangs in LA area. 

• Moderators

Only played a couple times with a friend I worked with he was really into it. I did amazing, until I got on the green, then it went bad quickly. But it was never on a course that looked as nice as that, local only.

• Haha 1

@dtel

we could go out and tear it up

I've been out once or twice. I broke 100... for 9.  put a club in my hands, now, I'd prolly instinctively try to hack weeds down with it.

don't bowl anymore. TBH, I only did, when I was working at a center.... for the same reasons mentioned above $$$.

... and it got too easy. 25years of free bowling will do that. Was never good enough to play with the big boys and house/league bowling was boring.

• Haha 1

Just now, wstrickland1 said:

There was a time I'd play that course just about every day, then the laser crapped out on my PS3 and Tiger Woods '09 was no more.

EA Sports. It's in the game...

The weather is always nice on the video game....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, wstrickland1 said:

There was a time I'd play that course just about every day, then the laser crapped out on my PS3 and Tiger Woods '09 was no more.

EA Sports. It's in the game...

I have that still, PS3. I've shot a best of -12 under.