Yes, it's Golf.....get over it.

jimjimbo

8 minutes ago, TasDom said:

2nd place isn't too shabby either. Great tourney!!

"This year's winner will bring home a cool $2.25 million with the runner-up taking $1.35 million."

A part of me really wanted to see Brooks three peat. That would have been so cool. But that $1.35 mil will ease his pain somewhat.

I watched Thurs, Sat and Sun.

I have driven the 17 mile drive. The place is absolutely stunning.

I did not realize the lone Cyprus had been damaged in a storm.

Agreed Joe Buck gets old real quick, When they had Jim Nance in the booth for a visit I was hoping he would just stay.

Jim is the voice of golf in my head.

• Like 1

It was an amazing display of talent this weekend at Pebble Beach. It just goes to show that the USGA can set up a course to be tough and fair without butchering it like they did the last two times the Open was held at Shinnecock. With no wind to help defend Pebble, the pros shot the lights out. It looked more like a PGA championship, double digits under par,  than a U.S. Open with penal rough, slick as glass greens and par as the winning score. We shall see what Winged Foot brings us next year, more like -2 or-3 under par as the winning score I would venture. Congratulations to Gary Woodland, his improved putting was what got his hands on the trophy. A great defense by Brooks Koepka.

• Like 1

The only time I played golf, was because my photo lab paid for all the customers to play. They paired up us 3 beginners with a Seasoned Player who told us: "Golf is basically a 

Gentlemen's Game of Skill." So I said:  "Oh $hit, I have 2 counts against me already!"

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

The only time I played golf, was because my photo lab paid for all the customers to play. They paired up us 3 beginners with a Seasoned Player who told us: "Golf is basically a 

Gentlemen's Game of Skill." So I said:  "Oh $hit, I have 2 counts against me already!"

Quick thinking Claude! It took me four strokes to realize I was I right back on the green where I started.

I'm not a big golf fan for the same reason on my previous post.

That being said, one of my clients was president of the U.S. Open. And that year it was held at Medinah Country Club near me. My client offered me some free tickets.

I remember seeing Greg Norman hit one over a large stand of old 50 foot+ oak trees to "cut across the corner" of a L-shaped 5 par only to land right on the green without even seeing it. Now that was impressive even for someone like myself who knows little about the game.

4 hours ago, Davis said:

I watched Thurs, Sat and Sun.

I have driven the 17 mile drive. The place is absolutely stunning.

I did not realize the lone Cyprus had been damaged in a storm.

Agreed Joe Buck gets old real quick, When they had Jim Nance in the booth for a visit I was hoping he would just stay.

Jim is the voice of golf in my head.

I photographed a Wedding there in 2003. Beautiful place. I think the Bride's dad paid $350/plate for a steak dinner for my assistant and I. I guess you have to pay for the Pacific View while you eat OR golf!!

PS: Not only is the Cypress Tree damaged and held up by cables, it's copyright is owned by investors who will sue a Pro Photographer for publishing it without permission!!

39 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Happy for Gary Woodland.  He deserved to win.  Some great shots.

The tv commentators stated he was 0/7 with a 54 hole lead before yesterday. It was his time......and he proved that big time Sat and Sun. 

• Like 1

You have no idea how hard some of those shots he made are, unless you've been there.  17 was absolutely incredible.

Of course when I played there in 1986, I had to try the Tom Watson chip on 17......for me, impossible.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

You have no idea how hard some of those shots he made are, unless you've been there.  17 was absolutely incredible.

Of course when I played there in 1986, I had to try the Tom Watson chip on 17......for me, impossible.

It's golf.  Get over it.

• 2 weeks later...