Any Turntable Gurus?

Tarheel

The cartridge cable in the ADC arm broke off somewhere in the tone arm shaft so I'm looking to replace the arm with a Rega/Moth, Jelco, SME, or any other decent arm.  I need someone to do the install and set it up properly.  I do have a blank arm board.

A long shot but you never know.......

Located in North Carolina and will ship.

IMG_1587.JPG

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

The cartridge cable in the ADC arm broke off somewhere in the tone arm shaft so I'm looking to replace the arm with a Rega/Moth, Jelco, SME, or any other decent arm.  I need someone to do the install and set it up properly.  I do have a blank arm board.

IMG_1587.JPG

Best of luck!!

Do you know a good competent audiophile gear repair shop local to you? I'm in StL and am lucky to have Alpha Tech close here in St louis MO:

www.alphatechstl.com

and I would first consult with them about the repairs needed.

John Kuthe...

3 minutes ago, rplace said:

Did you look into Britt audio? In NC I think. They did a great job on my arm rewire. Not sure if rewire is an option over new arm for you.

Yes I did.  He no longer works on turn tables but does have the Rega arm for $299.  Thanks!

New arms should come with a template, my Jelco did. The center hole is marked and then you drill the hole for the tower where it indicates. If you buy a used arm, you may be able to find a template on Hifi engine website. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

It might be a better option to send the arm out to be rewired. There are companies who do that. You may also find that a new tonearm might fit in the same place as the old one. If I were closer I'd do it for you, but I do not recommend shipping and old turntable anywhere.

• Thanks 1

IMG_1587.thumb.JPG.e4dc0b7c24f5a3abacc942cb80272947.JPG

That’s a really good arm in these tables
I’ve owned a few of them. Personally I’d rewire the arm. I done all of the denon tables that I had. I used solid silver wire and they really opened up on the sound and could really hear the difference with the left and right sound stage
The arm can be removed as a hole unit
Just need to be careful with how you do it and take your time. Good luck

Dollar for dollar Klipsch has no equals
Name one other speaker company that can build a speaker and keep working like new after 45 plus years of service. Answer NO ONE !!!!!!
  • Thanks 1