Klipsch KLF 20 restored with Crites upgrades

wnabphil78@gmail

Pair of Klipsch KLF 20 3 way loudspeakers, each has 2 10” drivers, horn midrange and horn tweeter. I took these and completely restored them. The veneer was rough and bubbling so we sanded them down and ironed out the bubbles best we could and refinished in a walnut wood stain, there are still some spots that are not perfect but still look amazing. I took out the tweeter and crossovers and sent to Bob Crites which he rebuilt the crossovers using new sonic caps and upgraded the tweeter with titanium diaphragm. These speakers are LOUD, crisp, clean and bass is incredible. These are rare now and are in perfect condition and will last a lifetime. I will audition for only very serious buyers as these are special and do not come up for sale often. They need nothing but a good amp and your ears!  A pair on eBay is selling for $1500 now with no upgrades. Read Less

A709A6F0-44D1-4FDF-833B-C08B73E43C8E.jpeg

Looks like the last pair that sold on e b a y went for $570. After their fees and potential PayPal fees, that would put them around $520 at best.  "Selling for" and actual sold price are two completely different things. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 9:46 AM, wnabphil78@gmail said:

Pair of Klipsch KLF 20 3 way loudspeakers, each has 2 10” drivers, horn midrange and horn tweeter. I took these and completely restored them. The veneer was rough and bubbling so we sanded them down and ironed out the bubbles best we could and refinished in a walnut wood stain, there are still some spots that are not perfect but still look amazing. I took out the tweeter and crossovers and sent to Bob Crites which he rebuilt the crossovers using new sonic caps and upgraded the tweeter with titanium diaphragm. These speakers are LOUD, crisp, clean and bass is incredible. These are rare now and are in perfect condition and will last a lifetime. I will audition for only very serious buyers as these are special and do not come up for sale often. They need nothing but a good amp and your ears!  A pair on eBay is selling for $1500 now with no upgrades. Read Less

A709A6F0-44D1-4FDF-833B-C08B73E43C8E.jpeg

Can you tell me what you used for a top coat..... looks like urethane or some sort of plastic coat   not an oil......

• Like 2