Got a Pork Butt on the Smoker

mr clean

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

Pork loin roast going on the bbq with wine soaked applewood this afternoon. It’s finally hit on our deck! Beer and pork roast tonight.

Pork loin this evening here also, with some marinated boneless chicken.The chicken has been marinating for 2 days, should be good.

• Moderators

Small end of the pork loin (right)  is at 127 degrees, 7 more to go, then check the other bigger piece and then the chicken, not to much longer.

Hickory and cherry, and a little oak might have been mixed in.

50A991E3-E771-4054-8E0D-43BFF56C078D.jpeg

• Like 3

• Moderators

I have to say this thing is very efficient, firebox is on the small side, this is the fire using about 6" long pieces of wood. I can smoke for 10-12 hours  with one of those plastic milk crates filled, if I keep it @225.

5E3C2F13-8E64-47CA-9BD9-19337D973A83.jpeg

• Like 3

I love the smoker dtel. Im mostly a hickory man and if used right tastes great. Peach wood is perfect with pork also. If you have never tried peach give it a shot. I don't usually like how my food turns out when I mix woods as well as when I just use one kind at a time personally but alot of people would not agree. Food looks great! I love Boston Butts pulled better than about anything. A little rub and  sometimes a touch of sauce  and a big ol onion slice. Most the time no sauce for me but the wife likes it. I make it sometimes but sweat baby rays most the time. Or some blues hog smokey mountain if im using any.

My hoped for BBQ was cancelled ... massive storm rolled through just at cooking time, trees were bent near 90 deg with the wind.  Pork Loin roast in the oven with potatoes was a great second prize!  Still had the McEwan's Scotch Ale.