Why not a 510 in a home speaker yet?

3 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

It’s not clear to me if you are in favour of the title idea or not?  I have to say the thread on the “KLF-510” was one of my favs! I’m willing to be the Canadian tester if there’s a need.

Pretty big fan indeed 👍. Its one of klipsch's best current offerings that isn't the size of a small car, and It fits into a pretty narrow cab if needed. Im sure there are reasons. Ive read speculations as to what would compete with in current lines but never anything but speculation.

Ive owned this horn/driver and its changed my entire view in this hobby forever. No massive sub or 125" screen has made a bigger impact on what I now consider performance then my time with 904s (510 top half).

Im really curious. Its possible this should be in general questions and not tech idk. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

If its politics

Yeah ... bought some 510's from Klipsch :)  Supposedly in error since they do not sell these to ????  OK; gave away a set to Klipsch forum members ... had a single one left.  Tried to get another one, but got refused, refused and refused (even when I gave my KPT-904 serial numbers and asked to upgrade from the "non-mumps" version). Haha; got many more "promises," but never any 510 horns. Very disappointing :( 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Emile said:

Yeah ... bought some 510's from Klipsch :)  Supposedly in error since they do not sell these to ????  OK; gave away a set to Klipsch forum members ... had a single one left.  Tried to get another one, but got refused, refused and refused (even when I gave my KPT-904 serial numbers and asked to upgrade from the "non-mumps" version). Haha; got many more "promises," but never any 510 horns. Very disappointing :( 

What 🤷‍♂️. Why in the world would they not sell you any for your 904s. What if you called and said it tipped over and broke and you needed a replacement? 

1 minute ago, Heritage_Head said:

Why in the world would they not sell you any for your 904s. What if you called and said it tipped over and broke and you needed a replacement? 

Haha ... tried ... they said without any pictures of an actual damaged unit they WOULD NOT sell me any :( 

• Like 1

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

If its politics and the kind thats considered private (klipsch ears only). I understand of course.

1 minute ago, Emile said:

Supposedly in error since they do not sell these to ???? 

To people for DIY or to make different speakers, they will sell you a replacement if you have a broken one. Mostly the same for any parts.

Just now, Heritage_Head said:

What if you called and said it tipped over and broke and you needed a replacement? 

Because people lie to get what they want, send a pic maby?

Happened many times before so everybody has to deal with it now. People have bought parts put together  something and called it an upgrade and tried to sell them here, that take nerve.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

To people for DIY or to make different speakers, they will sell you a replacement if you have a broken one. Mostly the same for any parts.

Because people lie to get what they want, send a pic maby?

Happened many times before so everybody has to deal with it now. People have bought parts put together  something and called it an upgrade and tried to sell them here, that take nerve.

1 minute ago, dtel said:

If there not lying a picture should be no problem to get a replacement part.

You can get pics on the internet of others broken stuff

1 minute ago, dtel said:

If there not lying a picture should be no problem to get a replacement part.

Sorry, but do not trust Klipsch to even send me a replacement after I take a hammer to my 501's :(  I've spend months on this issue ... promises and promises, but never got anywhere :( 

• Like 3

People on here build speakers (klipsch designs) post them in the 2ch. Talk about them for a few months/weeks. Then what do you know? There for sale in the garage section and no one says anything. There will be a pair of heresycorns (or what ever he calls them) very soon in the garage section. By the way 😏

• Like 1