Why not a 510 in a home speaker yet?

On 6/17/2019 at 7:51 PM, Heritage_Head said:

Pretty big fan indeed 👍. Its one of klipsch's best current offerings that isn't the size of a small car, and It fits into a pretty narrow cab if needed. Im sure there are reasons. Ive read speculations as to what would compete with in current lines but never anything but speculation.

Ive owned this horn/driver and its changed my entire view in this hobby forever. No massive sub or 125" screen has made a bigger impact on what I now consider performance then my time with 904s (510 top half).

Im really curious. Its possible this should be in general questions and not tech idk. 

Just tell them buy Klipsch Pro Gear, silly boy.

• Like 1

If you want a rant, how about this... Change your signature so it doesn't take up a third of the screen for NO purpose.

Thank you, and now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Screenshot_heritage_head.jpg

• Haha 1

The more I brainstorm on what might be klipschs thinking.  The biggest question first would be what would the advantage be? I cant see them selling more speakers by adding 4-6 to a stat line that an average consumer almost certainly does not understand (or care). The only thing I can think of. Being that they only add extra numbers to the speaker lines that have gone the most away in design from the pro/heritage stuff. But they release new models of heritage, extended, and pro stuff as currently as now. Yet they don't add any best guess extra room spl numbers. Why??? If adding that extra room spl is now the standard way of measuring at klipsch then wtf?

Why aren't Khorns listed at 112db? 

So with that said. My guess based on no facts . I think they want desperately  the appearance that they still build speakers close to what klipschs brand was built on.

When I see them measuring an rf-7 differently and then claiming 102. But then not giving the new la scala the same extra room spl bump you just gave the new rf7.... that screams conspiracy.  

I cant see any other strategy or advantage to this. Other than an attempt to my above guess. Now if they added the extra spl bump to everything . It wouldn't appear as a conspiracy. It would just be the new way they did that part now. 

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

If you want a rant, how about this... Change your signature so it doesn't take up a third of the screen for NO purpose.

Screenshot_heritage_head.jpg

Sorry man I like taking up half the page.. Makes me feel important. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d2c916f6842615459

3 hours ago, Marvel said:

Just block his signature with the drop down on the far right.  You can block his only or everyone's and/or do it per user...that's what I use as I don't like seeing the long signatures either.  Only one I can't get rid of that bugs the crap out of me is the one carlthess40 has in the actual body of any reply he makes. 

image.thumb.png.6c09cb3a042b62d1a606a5282380deee.png

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Just block his signature with the drop down on the far right.  You can block his only or everyone's and/or do it per user..

Thanks. I should have know that, considering how long I've been on here. Nice!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mike stehr said:

Too bad one can't block the lame GIFs...

No doubt.  If that could be done on most social websites, Facebook especially, you wouldn't see anything from anyone on there.  I quit using FB years ago as all everyone does is "share" something or post a video, or some crud.  Even "non-social" websites are becoming more non-social.

1 minute ago, avguytx said:

No doubt.  If that could be done on most social websites, Facebook especially, you wouldn't see anything from anyone on there.  I quit using FB years ago as all everyone does is "share" something or post a video, or some crud.  Even "non-social" websites are becoming more non-social.

Yes there are a lot of people over the top. My brothers wife insists when they eat out that no one start eating until eveyone is served so she can send a picture of the meals to fakebook. Getting into the spirit of dumb things people like to do I have pondered taking pictures of the wipe after dumping a bomb in the terlit and posting them next to the pristine meal pictures. Problem is I don't have a fakebook account. I am thinking lots of green koolaid first or maybe beets just to spice it all up and be original. For mexican meals perhaps a short clip of burning the methane off to accompany the colorful display of used paper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Yes there are a lot of people over the top. My brothers wife insists when they eat out that no one start eating until eveyone is served so she can send a picture of the meals to fakebook. Getting into the spirit of dumb things people like to do I have pondered taking pictures of the wipe after dumping a bomb in the terlit and posting them next to the pristine meal pictures. Problem is I don't have a fakebook account. I am thinking lots of green koolaid first or maybe beets just to spice it all up and be original. For mexican meals perhaps a short clip of burning the methane off to accompany the colorful display of used paper.

My sentiments exactly.  When I first joined FB back in 2007, it was a way to see things about my dad, brother, old friends, etc.  Anymore it's those stupid "Hallmark" stories about something happening to someone that, mostly, I never believe to be true.  Just some crap written to forward on.  And I agree with you on how some people have to post group pics when everything is perfectly set and in place.  I don't miss FB.  Many people that I know have gotten tired of it and moved on.  Marketplace is about all I will look at on occasion.

That's funny about the terlit bomb.  Too bad you don't have an account.

6 minutes ago, avguytx said:

My sentiments exactly.  When I first joined FB back in 2007, it was a way to see things about my dad, brother, old friends, etc.  Anymore it's those stupid "Hallmark" stories about something happening to someone that, mostly, I never believe to be true.  Just some crap written to forward on.  And I agree with you on how some people have to post group pics when everything is perfectly set and in place.  I don't miss FB.  Many people that I know have gotten tired of it and moved on.  Marketplace is about all I will look at on occasion.

That's funny about the terlit bomb.  Too bad you don't have an account.

The narcissism of the selfies fakebook people is beyond belief sometimes. How many times does the same face have to be inserted into the topic at hand anyway.  I have wondered about the market place since I hear they talk about my tweeters there at times. I just have not been able to bring myself to go there though.

Just now, Dave A said:

The narcissism of the selfies fakebook people is beyond belief sometimes. How many times does the same face have to be inserted into the topic at hand anyway.  I have wondered about the market place since I hear they talk about my tweeters there at times. I just have not been able to bring myself to go there though.

Yep.  Soooo many selfies posted that look NOTHING like the actual people do (mainly women) because they are using apps that defy the aging process.  I see pics that they post that make them look 25+ years younger and I think, bull-butter, I just saw them at Wally World a week ago and that is NOT what they look like.  Sheesh...

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

Ok, so I was visualizing this as I read it....

Seems to be one of those things that I can't "unsee"....

• Haha 1