Why not a 510 in a home speaker yet?

7 minutes ago, Emile said:

Sorry, but do not trust Klipsch to even send me a replacement after I take a hammer to my 501's :(  I've spend months on this issue ... promises and promises, but never got anywhere :( 

I don't want to bash on klipsch but when they sent me the wrong 904s (ones with no xo). That was a huge cluster f. Id give the cs a zero and would go lower if zero wasn't the lowest. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

Id give the cs a zero and would go lower if zero wasn't the lowest. 

Yeah ... they make promises, but then refuse to deliver on those. Even got "my case" up to the highest level - chief engineer. Very disappointing :(  

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

People on here build speakers (klipsch designs) post them in the 2ch. Talk about them for a few months/weeks. Then what do you know? There for sale in the garage section and no one says anything. There will be a pair of heresycorns (or what ever he calls them) very soon in the garage section. By the way 😏

=== I don’t believe the speakers you are referring, or those that have sold prior, used any components used in a Klipsch design. Cabinet dimensions, woofs, horns/drivers and networks were all aftermarket. They have used a tried and true Klipsch model, highly massaged, and created a “new” speaker. These speakers would not step on KGI toes (garage sale) any more so than listing a pair of Altecs or Bose or any brand speaker — all IMO 

• Like 1

Just now, richieb said:

=== I don’t believe the speakers you are referring, or those that have sold prior, used any components used in a Klipsch design. Cabinet dimensions, woofs, horns/drivers and networks were all aftermarket. They have used a tried and true Klipsch model, highly massaged, and created a “new” speaker. These speakers would not step on KGI toes (garage sale) any more so than listing a pair of Altecs or Bose or any brand speaker — all IMO 

Well personally I agree 100%. I think it’s really cool. Love his work too. But using Klipsch’s actual speaker cabs in some cases. And designs. And even advertising with Klipsch brand names (or very close). Is imo a lot more of a selling on there name then a 510 horn. 

6 minutes ago, Emile said:

Yeah ... they make promises, but then refuse to deliver on those. Even got "my case" up to the highest level - chief engineer. Very disappointing :(  

Emile, with all due respect, I am seeing a pattern here. If you are trying to get this resolved, then going on the company's site and trashing them is probably not a very good strategy. Then again, I may be not be understanding what you are trying to accomplish. 

There is probably a more complete story around this since a number of things do not make sense and do not align with the experience that I have had. I will just leave it at that. 

My own two cents .... the K-510 is a great product. It's amazing the amount of performance they can squeeze out of the little guy.

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

You can get pics on the internet of others broken stuff

That might be one way.

10 minutes ago, Deang said:

When did that happen?

It's been a while, right before they changed about selling parts, i had bought some also, K400 horns for something I was building, straight from klipsch.

I hate to name  people since it caused a lot of problems, one of his fanboys wanted to start problems so i went looking for older post to prove it to him and had a hard time finding them. A few people have seen what was going on and started looking and a few were found, when the fanboy was confronted with old post proving what he was lied to about he never posted again, if that was really s second person? Almost the same thing happened with a guy named Volti, this was another who knew almost nothing, got info from people and started making bold claims, many complaints there also and a couple of fanboys wanting to argue, do what you want just don't cause problems here.

I don't know if many realize why the search for an old post or subjects do not bring up what it should? It was not talked about much at all I think.  It is because way back a certain moderator wanted to leave and  wanted their account deleted. We explained this to the adman and he said just tell him to not post, well he threatened to be forced to be deleted and was not taken seriously. Back them moderators had way too much control, they could actually erase all or part of the forum. This has been changed since that's exactly what happened to cause his account to be deleted, we tried to warn them. So there are many missing threads, probably way more then we realize gone forever, they tried to get them back with no luck.

All he wanted was to have his account deleted, should have been simple enough.

I have no idea if some dealers are selling parts or not, at one time I thought cinema dealers did also.    Me I don't care really, Dean you know i have never had anything to say about building crossovers, about all I say to people is to change caps if there old, never tried to talk anyone out of doing anything else. 

I don't care if people want to diy or not, why not. Makes no difference to me, it's kind of fun. But If I owned Klipsch I wouldn't sell parts for diy, not worth the trouble really with as few parts are really sold. Then you have to explain how and why a certain speakers for sale is  homemade after they also bought original badges to stick on them, not worth the headaches. It has happened before more than once, one guy built jube knockoffs and came back here to start selling them, that was just one time, well he built a few.

• Like 2

A ton of speakers in the garage sale get sold with klipsch cabs and different drivers and klipsch designs. Some get sold with hand built clone cabs same designs and with klipsch drivers taking for other speakers or bought from others selling part.

Not trying to stir the pot. Im totally fine with all of it. Was just a comment to what dtel said a person who built a speaker using parts they bought and selling in the garage section. Personally I don't see the deference to that and whats being done already everyday in that section (again that I'm fine with)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

Emile, with all due respect, I am seeing a pattern here. If you are trying to get this resolved, then going on the company's site and trashing them is probably not a very good strategy. Then again, I may be not be understanding what you are trying to accomplish. 

Tom,

Thanks ... but tried and tried and tried for about 3 months.  Got promise after promise after promise ... but they never delivered on their promises/word.  Horrible experience :(  Gave up and threw my K-510 in the trash :(  And yes, I AM TRASHING them for breaking promises. Just a terrible experience.  (I hope they actually read this.) Bought Cornwalls new from them and have Heresy's, CF-3's, KPT-904's and several KG's.  But I guess they don't give a damn :( 

Sorry, but I am really pi$$ed over this one :D 

Cheers, Emile

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Heritage_Head said:

A ton of speakers in the garage sale get sold with klipsch cabs and different drivers and klipsch designs. Some get sold with hand built clone cabs same designs and with klipsch drivers taking for other speakers or bought from others selling part.

Not trying to stir the pot. Im totally fine with all of it. Was just a comment to what dtel said a person who built a speaker using parts they bought and selling in the garage section. Personally I don't see the deference to that and whats being done already everyday in that section (again that I'm fine with)

True once you buy a speaker you can do what you want with it.

1 minute ago, Heritage_Head said:

Personally I don't see the deference to that and whats being done already everyday in that section (again that I'm fine with)

You don't see a difference with someone copying a design still in production and trying to sell it here. It's quite a difference building them at home and selling them compared to buying them and then selling later even after making some changes.  

I do woodworking, I could make a killing making clones of a few popular designs if I want to but they would stop that as they should.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

There is probably a more complete story around this since a number of things do not make sense and do not align with the experience that I have had. I will just leave it at that. 

My own two cents .... the K-510 is a great product. It's amazing the amount of performance they can squeeze out of the little guy.

Good point. I personally have only had to deal with them one time (shows how good there stuff is for how many different klipsch speakers I've owned). Companies don't normally last as long as klipsch being rude to there customers. So my guess we are probably more the outliers than anything. It did suck but Im still a klipsch lifer. 👍 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, dtel said:

That might be one way.

It's been a while, right before they changed about selling parts, i had bought some also, K400 horns for something I was building, straight from klipsch.

I hate to name  people since it caused a lot of problems, one of his fanboys wanted to start problems so i went looking for older post to prove it to him and had a hard time finding them. A few people have seen what was going on and started looking and a few were found, when the fanboy was confronted with old post proving what he was lied to about he never posted again, if that was really s second person? Almost the same thing happened with a guy named Volti, this was another who knew almost nothing, got info from people and started making bold claims, many complaints there also and a couple of fanboys wanting to argue, do what you want just don't cause problems here.

I don't know if many realize why the search for an old post or subjects do not bring up what it should? It was not talked about much at all I think.  It is because way back a certain moderator wanted to leave and  wanted their account deleted. We explained this to the adman and he said just tell him to not post, well he threatened to be forced to be deleted and was not taken seriously. Back them moderators had way too much control, they could actually erase all or part of the forum. This has been changed since that's exactly what happened to cause his account to be deleted, we tried to warn them. So there are many missing threads, probably way more then we realize gone forever, they tried to get them back with no luck.

All he wanted was to have his account deleted, should have been simple enough.

I have no idea if some dealers are selling parts or not, at one time I thought cinema dealers did also.    Me I don't care really, Dean you know i have never had anything to say about building crossovers, about all I say to people is to change caps if there old, never tried to talk anyone out of doing anything else. 

I don't care if people want to diy or not, why not. Makes no difference to me, it's kind of fun. But If I owned Klipsch I wouldn't sell parts for diy, not worth the trouble really with as few parts are really sold. Then you have to explain how and why a certain speakers for sale is  homemade after they also bought original badges to stick on them, not worth the headaches. It has happened before more than once, one guy built jube knockoffs and came back here to start selling them, that was just one time, well he built a few.

So what your saying is klipsch is doing some of it to protect its customers from being scammed? That actually makes a lot of sense sir.

I admit I never considered that part (palm on face). I feel I bit embarrassed if I'm being totally honest. My apologies to klipsch for my brash words on this topic.. Im sorry 

13 minutes ago, dtel said:

True once you buy a speaker you can do what you want with it.

You don't see a difference with someone copying a design still in production and trying to sell it here. It's quite a difference building them at home and selling them compared to buying them and then selling later even after making some changes.  

I do woodworking, I could make a killing making clones of a few popular designs if I want to but they would stop that as they should.

Your right. I see your point and agree. I was wrong. 

37 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

Same here. I had problems with  five 1132 drivers and when I approached them civilly the response to my problem was over the top good. I don't know that I can talk about it exactly but I think I can say for sure their response was FAR more than I expected.

• Like 1