Why not a 510 in a home speaker yet?

• Moderators

Well, if the truth was known to save themselves the trouble of counterfeit products giving them a bad name or warranty problems. It's a big deal trying to keep track of counterfeiters, mostly not from diy people, but companies who put out products that are hard to tell the difference from the real thing and any warranty problems fall back on Klipsch. 

And also what you said because it gives you a bad feeling if you thought it was theirs to find out it was a copy with no warranty. They keep more than one lawyer busy chasing down these things and shutting them down. Don't know if it is still on the main website but at one time there was a long list of not approved vendors that were supposedly not selling anymore, they tend to pop back up.

Eventually we (wife and I) will be selling some Klipsch gear so I know what they go thru with counterfeiters, we have been working with them for probably a year now.  They know we were making things with their name on it, we didn't hide it or advertise it. It was all things they did not make or sell and most of it was given away at Pilgrimages, well over 200 etched glasses and other things over a couple of years so it was not like we were in it to make money. But we now have a chance to add some things in there upcoming new gear store as an approved vendor. 

The whole idea started because there was not much out there to officially be had, I know I would have bought some different things, but it was never in stock in my size 2x so I started making my own. To me there is no reason for anyone who wants to wear or have something with a Klipsh name or log to not be able to get it, I wear my shirts all the time.

Where is this speaker supposed to fit in the home offering line and not affect current reference or Heritage products? I respect klipsch for keeping the pro line and home line separate while still allowing Joe public the opertunity to make those pro purchases without a resale or business license.

20 minutes ago, Schu said:

Where is this speaker supposed to fit in the home offering line and not affect current reference or Heritage products? I respect klipsch for keeping the pro line and home line separate while still allowing Joe public the opertunity to make those pro purchases without a resale or business license.

That is right. Buy what you want as they let you do so.

I gave up dealing with Klipsch customer service, all I have ever got was the run around from them so I know the frustration. I've seen many people running around with k510 horns and other parts who didn't pay $1,200 for a $45 horn. Seems it's all in who you know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow, is Klipsch customer service really this bad? From what I'm gleaning from these posts, it sure sounds pretty shaky.

Like if I had a driver fail in my new Corns, they would try to dodge me?

I know its a long shot @ this point, but I'm trying to understand if their CS is poor, or we just have a few disgruntled customers/owners here. 

Or maybe Klipsch isn't attentive to guys who purchase vintage speakers and want help or parts?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Heritage_Head said:

Your right. I see your point and agree. I was wrong. 

Geez man....you're acting all manly & grown up about this..... 

(Kudo's to you for manning up & being open minded)

You deserve a man-hug and a sniffle or two.

:emotion-21:

Wow, I used the word man or a derivative of it three times!  You know you're scoring points when I can pull that off! 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Wow, I used the word man or a derivative of it three times!  You know you're scoring points when I can pull that off! 

ahh 

200w.gif?cid=790b76115d0910c7517559486f0

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Thanks dude. 

15 hours ago, Heritage_Head said:

They did not want to pick them up and send me right ones and they refused to overnight the ox. They sent me 3 bare xo and i had to build boxes (money out of pocket). And still deal with the wires everywhere. Not cool. 

Wow, just wow. I had no idea you went through that, That BLOWS as opposed to SUCKS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, babadono said:

Wow, just wow. I had no idea you went through that, That BLOWS as opposed to SUCKS.

I have no regrets about it. It wasn't fun but still worth it. I know some might say it shouldn't matter but It was almost $5,000 I spent. I haven't spent that much at one time to many times in my life. Ive had much better cs experiences spending almost nothing with many other companies.

Klipsch is lucky there products are so good imo (in terms of me personally). If they weren't I absolutely would have been a lost customer. 

2 hours ago, Schu said:

Well they made the La scala fit when that was just a pro speaker. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Schu said:

Ive read this speculation. Who knows you could be absolutely right. It would destroy the flagship 7s. And compete with the la scala (depending on the bass type used). But who says it has to be reference or heritage? Klipsch has had other lines above those price point wise for home.  

I've maintained for years that Klipsch should offer the LaScala in two versions.  One with the stock tophat and the other with the 510 inside.  They already make the top separate from the bass bin so I'd think it would be easy.

I've got to think there are folks out there that would do that.....and go active (or they could design a passive for it I suppose).........look around, there are already some nutso people putting those parts together.  You know who you are!!

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I've maintained for years that Klipsch should offer the LaScala in two versions.  One with the stock tophat and the other with the 510 inside.  They already make the top separate from the bass bin so I'd think it would be easy.

I've got to think there are folks out there that would do that.....and go active (or they could design a passive for it I suppose).........look around, there are already some nutso people putting those parts together.  You know who you are!!

:emotion-21:Lets time align that K510 and place it on a pivot on top of the cabinet so the horn can be aimed independently of the cabinet!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, moray james said:

Lets time align that K510 and place it on a pivot on top of the cabinet so the horn can be aimed independently of the cabinet!

The way those are mounted in the cabinet with the two woofers in the post above, they would be very close already. I asked Roy about that one time, putting the tractrix horn in a DR cabinet, since the tractrix horn is pretty shallow.