Why not a 510 in a home speaker yet?

I was looking for these too (kpt-325s) after I sold my 904s. There a lot smaller than the 904s in height. Less spl but still a true 102 with down to 50hz (a lot better than the 396. 65hz). Couldn't find any used and the new pro line prices are way more now than before when I bought 904s (they cost more than 904s costed a few years ago) 

kpt-325pro.jpg

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

I've maintained for years that Klipsch should offer the LaScala in two versions.  One with the stock tophat and the other with the 510 inside.  They already make the top separate from the bass bin so I'd think it would be easy.

I've got to think there are folks out there that would do that.....and go active (or they could design a passive for it I suppose).........look around, there are already some nutso people putting those parts together.  You know who you are!!

:emotion-21:

Thats a good idea. 

These days we don't see much in the home lines (with any speaker brands really) with larger woofers. Even the 12 has kinda disappeared. We also don't see almost any pro drivers in home speakers (woofers). This could be some of the issues as well. The 510/driver paired with non pro 10" or smaller might have huge issues for all kinds of reasons.

It wasn't tell I was dam near 40 that I ever took pro drivers serious as good home sounding performance. I was obviously very wrong. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Heritage_Head said:

These days we don't see much in the home lines (with any speaker brands really) with larger woofers. Even the 12 has kinda disappeared. We also don't see almost any pro drivers in home speakers (woofers). This could be some of the issues as well. The 510/driver paired with non pro 10" or smaller might have huge issues for all kinds of reasons.

It wasn't tell I was dam near 40 that I ever took pro drivers serious as good home sounding performance. I was obviously very wrong. 

When I was searching, Klipsch Heritage and Cerwin Vega are about it that offer a 15" woofer in a new home full range speaker for sale. CVs used to be pretty killer for rock n roll and disco/dance music like 20-30 years ago, but many owners now comment they're not what they used to be. Now mass produced in China. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, polizzio said:

When I was searching, Klipsch Heritage and Cerwin Vega are about it that offer a 15" woofer in a new home full range speaker for sale. CVs used to be pretty killer for rock n roll and disco/dance music like 20-30 years ago, but many owners now comment they're not what they used to be. Now mass produced in China. 

Pre mid 80s 12 and 15 were everywhere but after that it started shrinking. Subs and demand for skinny speakers have been a big part of that

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, HPower said:

Not much of these are actually Klipsch, other than the HF Lens.

Dressed up with the Walnut, they look pretty good (to me) and sound great!

IMG_0991_sm.thumb.jpg.3850357c327155ad93b421bb0456d17d.jpg

IMG_0985_sm.thumb.jpg.4234b3583a495f87a03ad57cbf0ddfe4.jpg

Very, very cool!! I would love to learn more about these.

FH1 bottom I assume?

7 hours ago, No.4 said:

Very, very cool!! I would love to learn more about these.

FH1 bottom I assume?

Yep, Peavey bass cabinets that are loaded with Bob's cast woofers (CW1526C).

I faced the outsides of the bins with 1/2in baltic birch via PL glue and screws so that I would have good surfaces and corners to

apply the flat cut Walnut veneer.

The insides were sanded, painted, and then a coat of Duratex... I like the contrast that it gives to the Walnut.

I built the 6 sided top hats with 3/4in BB and then counter sunk the 510 into the motherboard to give a flush fit.

There are 6 magnets under the veneer in each motherboard to secure the grills.

The 510s have Faital HF-200 for compression drivers.

With ChrisA's help, they are actively crossovered with my Xilica XP4080.

While Roy could easily transform the Klipschorn and LaScala, I think he wants to keep them in the neighborhood of what PK designed. I mean, if you completely change them, what's left of PK besides pictures and memories. 

As for a new speaker, it would cut into Heritage sales, which I'm sure is already suffering a bit. 

1 hour ago, JohnA said:

Why wouldn't the RF-7 be an ideal candidate?  After hearing it beside a Forte III, it needs work.  ;) 

Klipsch should build a dual ten two way tower with the large format K510 horn and they could also build a dual 12 tower with the K510 both in a WWT configuration.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, moray james said:

Klipsch should build a dual ten two way tower with the large format K510 horn and they could also build a dual 12 tower with the K510 both in a WWT configuration.

YEAH ... I would buy the dual 12" WWT (or WTW) :D  (Or separate boxes.)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, moray james said:

A super CF-4 would be cool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree.  Here's this great horn (apparently) and it's stuck in the other division.  It doesn't seem like it would take a whole lot of R & D to come up with some fairly current 10" or 12" woofers to use in the cabinets and design a crossover to go with it.  Plus, it's not like it would have to be elaborate cabinets in a WWT design.  Make them similar to the CF-3/4, since they were Roy's design, then there's nothing "taken away" from a PWK design.  If they are made in limited production, one would think it wouldn't be that bad.  Advertise them on Social Media versus trade publications to start out and conserve some of the advertising budget.  Just a thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, avguytx said:

I agree.  Here's this great horn (apparently) and it's stuck in the other division.  It doesn't seem like it would take a whole lot of R & D to come up with some fairly current 10" or 12" woofers to use in the cabinets and design a crossover to go with it.  Plus, it's not like it would have to be elaborate cabinets in a WWT design.  Make them similar to the CF-3/4, since they were Roy's design, then there's nothing "taken away" from a PWK design.  If they are made in limited production, one would think it wouldn't be that bad.  Advertise them on Social Media versus trade publications to start out and conserve some of the advertising budget.  Just a thought

Point well taken.  Only like to see them add a dual 15" version also :D  OK Klipsch ... let's get started :D